Thursday, August 22, 2019

Inspired By...Nautical Party {Welcome to the Neighborhood}

It's Thursday and that means it is time for a brand-new Inspired By Challenge! My card is actually doing double duty today; I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog sharing this card as well!

I was inspired by the mandala pattern plates, the color combination, the yellow striped table runner, and the lemons!

To begin this design, I spritzed the Spirograph Mandala stencil with Pixie Spray and pressed it onto a panel of white cardstock. I used a blending brush to blend the Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink. Once that was done, I added a smooth layer of Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste over the top. I carefully removed the stencil and set the piece aside to dry. I immediately washed my stencil and knife with soap and water.
The lemons are from the Tutti Fruitti stamp set. I die cut them first using the Tutti Fruitti SugarCuts and then stamped them in my mini MISTI. If a stamp has two steps, especially one like this with a leaf or stem, I find it is helpful for placement.

The lemons are adhered to a circle that was die cut using one of the elements from the Card Front Element Builder II using foam squares. I also die cut the "welcome" word using the Welcome SugarCut die three times and glued them together using liquid glue. I added them over the top of the lemons and then added a light coat of Crystal Glaze.

I stamped the "to the neighborhood" portion of the sentiment, which is from the Warm Welcome stamp set, in blue ink onto a white strip of cardstock. I used some fine point scissors to cut the notches at the ends. 
Once the stenciled panel was dry, I added it to another piece of white cardstock, leaving a small border. At this point, I was able to add all of the other elements of the card.


I die cut a piece of yellow and white striped paper from the Life is a Carnival Paper Pad using one of the dies from the Card Front Element Builder SugarCut. I was able to add all of this to a standard top folding A2 cardbase using  Tombow adhesive. The finishing touch is a trio of dew drop gems added with liquid glue. I had a lot of fun putting this card together using the inspiration photo. I hope you get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This card is out of this world! So impressed and can totally see the inspiration!

JulieP said...

That glimmer paste over the ink is fabulous!