Saturday, August 31, 2019

Saturday Showcase {With Sincere Thanks}

It's the last Saturday of the month and the long holiday weekend! Do you all have some fun plans? Crafty plans? I've got some of both! Today a few of us are sharing some cards using the new On the Border: Fall for Foliage die for this week's Ink to Paper Saturday Showcase! I didn't know that we would be using this die when I made my card for this week's DT tips that I shared yesterday. I decided to switch gears from an Autumn design to something more "everyday"!

Once I finished it off, I thought it had a spa-like feel; crisp and modern! The To Die For Sentiments: Boxed-In For You Die layered three times and adhered to the vellum really enhanced this streamlined look.

To begin, I die cut the border out of Simply Chartreuse cardstock.  I cut a panel of Spring Moss cardstock and added some ink blending around the edges using  Simply Chartreuse ink . Once that was done, I adhered the die cut frame over the top using liquid glue.  I added some black paint splatter using a small paint brush to get just a hint of added detail. I stamped the "with sincere gratitude" sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: To & From Essentials stamp set, in black.

The vellum portion is wrapped around the panel and secured in the back using adhesive. After that was done, I was able to adhere it to a standard A2 cardbase.

I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some simple sparkle and shine! 
This card is much simpler than I usually make, but it's always nice to have a change. I love knowing that this border die can go from Spring to Autumn! Have a fun and safe holiday weekend! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

RuthCM said...

Kelly, this is a very clean and attractive card! I like the way the Fall for Foliage border die does most of the work. Your ink blending in the background blends the die in well. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by and for your sweet comment!