Saturday, July 23, 2022

You Are So Cool!

Summer is obviously in full swing and so is the popsicle consumption around here! It has been SO, SO hot the past few weeks, so a cool treat in the afternoon is the perfect thing! I'm summer-card obsessed, so when I saw the new Sweet Summer Dies and Sweet Summer Stencil Pack from Concord & 9th, I just HAD to have them! They arrived during the PTI release countdown, so I didn't have time to play right away, which was torture! I finally pulled them out to create this fun, citrusy card!

I felt that the impact of two pops on one card would be much greater, so I did some ink blending on a standard A2 panel of white cardstock; I chose Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Spiced Marmalade. I was able to die cut two popsicles from the one panel, which was awesome! I also die cut two "sticks" and colored them with ink as well.

Once they were die cut, I was able to add the citrus slice pattern using the stencils. I used Mowed Lawn, Abandoned Coral, and a heavier hand with the Spiced Marmalade to achieve the look I was hoping for!
The background is created with the Bubbly Stencil; I bought this to use with underwater/sea cards, but I thought it worked so nicely in the background with the pops!

I opted not to get the sentiments that go with the popsicle dies, but decided to make something custom using alphabet dies and selectively embossing the "You are so" portion of the sentiment. I simply die cut the letters from the leftover blended panel. I also die cut each letter from white cardstock so I could glue them together; it helps since I added the Nuvo Cyrstal Glaze over the top! I also die cut a few leaves and tucked them here and there for aded detail! I also added some dew drops and glitter for sparkle and juicy detailing! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: