Saturday, July 30, 2022

Friends Are Like Seashells....

Hello friends! I treated myself to a few goodies from the latest Honey Bee Stamps release and couldn't wait to start playing! I decided to use the new Lovely Layers: Seashore dies first paired with the new Seas The Day sentiment stamp set.  I had so much fun coloring these beautiful layered shells!

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces for the three shells and the sea grass. I colored the grass using Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks. I actually ended up using two clusters of the grass, but torn into different pieces so I could use them here and there as I liked.

The shells got just a hint of ink and then the rest of the details were enhanced using an assortment of  different colored pencils! I really like the deeply etched lines so you can let the pencil easily fall into the grooves.
I cut a panel of cream cardstock and added some Vintage Patina and Unchartered Mariner Distress Oxide ink in the bottom left corner and then spritzed it with Vintage Patina Distress spray. I adhered the shells onto the panel using foam squares and then tucked the grass bits here and there until I was happy with the arrangement.

I had originally stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel, but it stamped a little uneven, so I decided to use the coordinating Seas The Day Honey Cuts so I could cover it up with a new stamped/die cut sentiment! ha ha!
I also die cut a panel of Kraft cardstock using the Waves Pierced A2 Cover Plate and added it to a top-folding A2 card base. I used a bit of Walnut Distress Oxide ink around the corners for contrast. I layered the focal panel onto the cardbase using foam squares. A bit of glitter and dew drops finish off this fun sea-inspired design! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. I bought a few more things from this release, so stay tuned for more inspiration!


 

No comments: