Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 3

As promised, things have gotten a bit more colorful for day 3 of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown! Up first is this fun and vibrant butterfly card using the new Cover Plate Flutter die paired with the cute new Tag Its: mini stamps and dies! I had a few different design ideas in mind for this new Cover Plate, but eventually settled on something bright and cheerful!

 I die cut it twice from white cardstock (my white cardstock order arrived in the nick of time) ha ha! and then I glued them together using liquid glue. Once that was done, I simply used residual ink on my blender brushes to apply all of the different colors. Once I was happy with the colors and saturation, I set it aside and got to work on the cute tags. I originally only planned on using one tag, but once I got started, I wanted to stamp ALL of the tiny tags. There are quite a few different shapes, patterns, sentiments; the design possibilities are endless. I always adore the way Melissa Phillips uses cute little tags so I'm excited to use these!

I heat embossed the sentiment using white powder on a strip of black cardstock. I'm slightly obsessed with the Sweet Celebration Die so I inked up a few flowers and leaves to accent the bodies of the butterflies; love how cute and whimsical they look!

The background was created by simply adding some Aqua Mist ink on a white panel and then I added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter for added interest. I layered the butterfly panel over the top! The tags are hung around the flower using crochet thread. I secured them at an angle using foam squares.

My second project for today uses the new Crafting Queen stamp set; there are so many cute and fun crafting supply images and everything works so well with the previously released Baseball T die

I didn't use the pocket that comes with the die collection but decided to use the circle stencil that is included in the Special Guy Stencil Collection to anchor the sentiment. There are quite a few different sentiments included in the set to give you different options depending on who you are creating for!

This particular ensemble is headed to my backyard neighbor for using her Cricut magic to make some custom vinyl letting that I need for a community float I've been helping build! I thought I'd use the T-shirt as a tag for a goodie and then I can write my thanks in the card.

This card uses the new Flutter Frame die, so it gives you the center to design how you'd like. I chose to use it to highlight one of the cute sentiments. I had a few flowers left over from the first card so I added a few here and there.
Tomorrow is the 4th and final day of the countdown and everything will be available for purchase on Thursday at 10 PM ET.
Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Hi Kelly!
I haven't been able to comment here lately, as I've been SO SICK! But, I wanted to pop in here & say HOW GORGEOUS your work has been with PTI in this release! TOTALLY STUNNING! The colors you're using are SOOTHING & FEMININE! EVERYTHING PTI has been coming out with lately is GORGEOUS! They're knocking it out of the park! A SUPER JOB, DEAR LADY!!!! ;)

Eve N said...

Oh my! I had just convinced myself that I didn't need the Flutter cover die, but after seeing this first card, I need it! What a beautiful combination of dies, design and colors!