Thursday, July 7, 2022

Happy Summer To You!

Welcome, friends! I'm happy to be here today sharing this bright and cheerful Summer card! It was shared on the Papertrey Ink Instagram page yesterday, but I wanted to share it here to give you all of the details on how I created it; it was such a fun card to put together!

To begin, I used the Cover Plate: Trellis Die and white cardstock to build the background! I glued it to a top folding A2 Enchanted Evening cardbase using liquid glue. I stamped a smaller rectangle of white cardstock using the Nifty Plaid Stamp Set and Enchanted Evening ink. I added the four white corner pieces that are die cut using the Fairytale Christmas die collection (retired). I glued them to each corner using liquid glue.

The sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: Summer mini stamp set, is stamped in black onto the smallest of the Delicate Doilies. I layered that onto an Enchanted Evening circle that was cut using the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles die using foam squares.

I sandwiched a strip of Bitty Big: Blueberry Sky paper  in between the circle and the plaid background securing it with additional foam squares on the edges.

The fun part is the berries and the leaves; I die cut them using the Sweet Celebration Die and then colored them using Distress Oxide inks. I used my stylus and a foam  mat to give the flowers their cupped shape.

I arranged them around the circle using foam squares and liquid glue until I was satisfied with the placement! I added a sprinkling of glitter to the die cut leaves, berries, and flowers for some sparkle!

Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

TOTALLY STUNNING, Kelly!!! It's one of those "GASP!" Cards! LOL REALLY STUNNING! (I recognize those little corners too! ;)) A SUPER JOB! SO SUMMERY & INSPIRING!!! ;)<3

Vickie R. said...

This is beautiful!!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, this is just absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the trellis in the bg and all those fabulously colored strawberries and flowers are so amazing! Thanks for sharing Kelly!

Connie said...

Fabulous card, Kelly!
You are so creative!

**** April **** said...

THIS is LEGIT the most beautiful card -- I HAVE EVER SEEN! I love it so much!!!