Friday, July 8, 2022

The Greetery TGIF {A trio of nature-inspired cards}


Hello and welcome! I'm over on The Greetery Blog today with this week's TGIF {The Greetery Inspiration Friday} feature! I took a little bit of time to do some much-needed organization of my stamps/stencils/dies from The Greetery! It felt like Christmas morning as I revisited many stamps/dies that I haven’t used in a while! You know when a kid goes in to clean their room and they end up playing with all of the treasures they’ve unearthed? Yep! That was me! Ha ha!

With that said, I’m sharing a trio of cards today using quite an assortment of products that made their way onto my desk; I honestly didn’t want to stop! My first card in the series features the beautiful new Jumbo Curiosity: Moth Die + Stencil paired with some older favorites to create a birthday card for my darling daughter who will be celebrating her birthday later this month!


I absolutely adore the versatile Boxwood Heart Wreath that was created using the  Boxwood Heart Details Die and the Boxwood Heart Base Die; I used that as my staring point for this card. I die cut all of the piece and then colored them using Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks. I used the handy guide that is provided to assemble the wreath, securing it with liquid glue.

The background was created by die cutting the Deco Frames Die using Rustic White cardstock. I also die cut a few pieces from the Macrame Borders & Tassels Die. I just love the extra texture and detail they add to the design. I glued them to the Deco Frame using liquid glue and then trimmed the overhanging pieces with scissors. I stamped the ‘Look who’s turning’ sentiment, which is from the Digit Sentiments Stamp Set, using black ink. I layered the wreath, the moth, and the Bold Numbers Die (19) onto the front using foam squares. I tucked a few flowers and berries from the Floral Delicacy Stamp Set behind the moth for added detail. The entire focal panel is layered onto a top-folding Rustic Cream card base using additional foam squares.

My second card for today uses the fabulous new Leaves All Around Die and Leaves All Around Stencil combo! I’m seriously obsessed with this particular product and keep finding excuses to use it! It’s the perfect backdrop for so many designs! I’ve actually been dreaming up a different card using it, but my idea uses yellow and I felt like I used a TON of yellow during the release, so I thought I’d give you all a break! Ha ha!

I did, however, really love using the Wood Slice Hearts Die in the center of my release day card, so I brought that idea back, but this time with the addition of the smallest of the Heart Leaf Posy Pocket Die! It was the perfect thing to tuck a few more flowers from the Floral Delicacies stamp set inside! I chose to use the Love Is Stamp Set set for the sentiment! A touch of glitter finishes off this card!

My final card for today uses both the BotaniCuts Lavender Die and the BotaniCuts Wheat Die. I’ve been itching to pair these two together for quite some time, and today was the day! I actually made two of this particular design, but chose two different sentiments from the Put a Bow on It stamp set and opted for the regular Wood Slices Die and one with the heart wood slice (there's a picture of the two together at the bottom of today's post). As you can see, I used the same background and macrame detailing for the backdrop for the bundles; simple, yet elegant!

I die cut two each of everything for both the wheat and the lavender so I would be able to create nice, full bundles. I colored them using Distress Oxide ink and assembled them with liquid glue. I added them to the wood slices using liquid glue as well and then secured the bow using foam squares.

I had so much fun creating this trio of cards! I hope I’ve inspired you to take a fresh look at your inventory to combine older products with some newer favorites! Thanks for joining me today!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Kelly, your trio of cards this morning is absolutely stunning!! Your attention to detail and color choices are just beautiful. I have probably said it many, many times in the past. I see your gorgeous creations and regret not making a certain purchase. The lavender botanicuts must go on my wish list! Thank you so much for brightening my morning. Have a wonderful weekend.

Donna said...

Kelly your cards are lovely. Thank you for using older stamps & dies that I have, but haven't used in a while. I actually forgot abt some of them... I love the way (always have) you combine different dies & stamps to design!

Cindy H. said...

Three lovely cards! I love the colors and designs. I don't know how you do it, Kelly, but your cards are always amazing!

Becky Green said...

Yes, I thought "botanical" when I saw your cards, Kelly! But, they are more a "feminine botanical!" And Betsy was RIGHT, GORGEOUS!!! I DO LOVE the mix of product you've used on these! Now, if only I CAN DO THIS! LOL I'll be playing today, & HOPING some of your INSPIRATION RUBS OFF on my card making! ;)<3

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely gorgeous, each one of them are just so special!

Connie said...

Kelly, these cards are works of art!
I love the touch of macrame'.
Total inspiration!