Monday, July 11, 2022

When We Have Each Other, We Have Everything


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I'm popping in quickly today to share the card I made for my Papertrey Ink Flash Sale this week! It's been a while since I've used many of the products for today's card so this was a fun one to put together! I love all things lemon, so it is always so fun to use lemons in my crafting as well! Just a note: I'm not sure when the newsletter will arrive in your inbox, but the sale will start then! 

I was going for an Italian vibe, so I started by stenciling two different panels using the Woodblock Prints Stencil Collection to create the look of tile. The largest background panel measures 4 by 5 1/4 inches and uses the largest pattern in the stencil collection. I used Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening inks for the stenciling. The smaller stenciled panel uses Spring Rain ink and the smallest pattern in the collection. I added some ink blending aroudn the edges of both panels using the residual ink on my dark blue blender brush.

I die cut the frame using the Framing Florals Die and then stamped it using the Framing Florals Stamp Set and Enchanted Evening ink. I set the stenciled panels and frame aside while I got to work on the lemons, leaves, and blossoms.
I die cut all of the leaves, blossoms, and lemons from white cardstock using the Tag Creations: Lemon Die and then colored them using a blender brush with Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise Ink for the lemons; stamped with both inks as well. The leaves are blended with Green Parakeet and New Leaf inks; stamped with New Leaf. The blossoms have a touch of residual yellow ink around the edges and Summer Sunrise centers. The sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: Quotes Mini stamp set, is stamped on the bottom of the frame using black ink.


To create the curvature of the blossoms, I simply use the end of my stylus to press the centers of the flowers into my foam mat. It automatically curves them to give them a little more realism. I layered everything up using foam squares and liquid glue. I added some ink splatter to the blossoms and lemons using a color spritzing tool and a mustard colored marker. Of course, the lemons and leaves needed a sprinkling of glitter for some sparkle! The entire stenciled background panel is layered onto an A2 size piece of Bitty Big: Blueberry Sky pattern paper glued to a top-folding A2 card base. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: