Thursday, July 14, 2022

A Happy Hello To You

I went to Bath and Body Works the other day only to discover the autumn preview products were out; believe me...I was NOT ready to see/smell that! I'm still in summer mode and want to be for weeks to come! I had to put my blinders on and focus on the task at hand (which included summer scents)! ha ha! I'm popping in today for some summer inspiration using some of my favorite products, but paired in some unexpected ways! I was completely inspired by an illustration of a sea life/shell wreath that led to the creation of this card!

I stamped the Wood Plank Background Stamp Set using Dark Chocolate ink onto a panel of Aqua Mist cardstock. I added additional ink around the edges using a blender brush for a weathered look. I die cut two each of all of the Summer Shells Die so I would have options when it was time to put everything together. In the end, I didn't use too many, but that just means more for another project, right?

I used Distress Oxide ink and colored pencils to add the color and additional details to the shells. I also die cut one of the leaves from the Into the Blooms: Dahlia die; it's one that reminds me of an aquatic plant. I used 3 different ink colors to color the two leaf clusters. 

I keep finding excuses to use the flowers from the Sweet Celebration Die; these are lightly colored with cupped sequins in the middle. I forgot to mention that all of the flowers, sentiment panel, and leaves are die cut using Rustic Cream cardstock. The shells are die cut from white because I wanted the cute star ones to be stark white with colored pencil details.

I die cut the sentiment piece using the It's A Sign: Hanging Frames Stitched Layers Die and then stamped the greeting using the  Just Sentiments: Happy Hello Mini Stamp Set in black ink. I also die cut a vellum circle using the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles die. Once that was done, I got to work assembling the card! I added things here and there until I was happy with the placement. I also added some glitter and a few dew drops to mimic water droplets! I layered the weathered background panel onto a top folding A2 card base using foam squares. I really like how the crisp white on the edges makes it all pop! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. When do you begin looking forward to autumn?


3 comments:

Becky Green said...

WOW, Kelly! I LOOOVE EVERYTHING about this! It is SO SUMMERY! The wood background & all of the texture with the colored inks on the colored card stock, & your arrangement of the different pieces, makes this GORGEOUS! I'm with you on the autumn thing. I don't start even thinking about Autumn till the end of August! I've seen Christmas things on the web in the stamping dept., & am a little in shock! LOL I think, "Can we just enjoy the summer first?" ;)

Fred. said...

BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning again. Love the color palette and all the texture you used. As for autumn…after Labor Day. The light begins to change and fall colors and scents feel welcoming.