Sunday, July 17, 2022

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown!  I have a lot to share to today and I hope you're as excited about it all as I am! Up first is the latest addition to the Into the Bloom series; Orchids! The die set comes with everything you need to make both styles of stems and leaves as I've shown here, AND the cute pots! 

This card also features the new Love to Layer: Oval dies, which you will be seeing A LOT of today! ha ha! They are just too fun and such a nice change from all of the circles I normally use! There are three sizes with three different decorative edges to really add detail and interest to your cards!

The background for this card uses the new Weathered Tiles Stencils blended with Fresh Snow ink onto a panel of Smokey Shadow cardstock. This is the medium oval that I'm sharing on this card, but before my post is done, I will show you the smallest and largest of the ovals as well!

I'm giving you a sneak peek of one of the sentiments from the new Just Sentiments: You're On My Mind stamp set that will be showcased tomorrow. I love how this cute sentiment fits right between the two orchid stems.

I die cut all of the pieces for the orchids out of white cardstock and then colored them with blending brushes and ink. I also die cut the pots from gold specialty cardstock and glued the white pot with the gold pot together for a sturdy piece.

I added some of the Terra Texture to the tops of the pots and the bottom of the leaves to mimic the spanish moss that you sometimes see in orchid arrangements. I added glitter for some sparkle and shine.

If you read my blog post the other day then you most likely read about me lamenting the fall preview at Bath and Body Works yet here I am with a fall preview of my own! LOL! It was an assignment that I couldn't get out of! ha ha! That being said, I'm really loving the new Sprigs and Sprays: Fall stamp set that I've used on this card.

Don't they look so cute tucked inside the truck from the Patriot Die collection? I absolutely love how it turned out!

This card also features the Weathered Tiles stencils, but this time I used yellow ink on Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I only had 4 pieces of white cardstock going into this release, so I had to get creative and use some of my lesser used papers. I actually love the way it looks with the stencils. It's funny because I was reaching for the linen cardstock so often, but it was out of stock, so I quit, but now that it's back in stock, I'm feeling "linen-y"!

This card also features the largest of the Love to Layer Oval dies and is just perfect for a card like this! I love that it allows me enough room for the focal point, sentiment, and a bit of extra foliage to frame the side.

I chose a sentiment that worked nicely between the two tires; it is from the Just Sentiments: Appreciation stamped in black.

I layered the entire focal panel onto a Saffron Spice card base; I really love pulling out some of my neglected cardstock as the seasons change! That being said, I was actually thinking it would be fun to come up with a color combo, just like this one, but make a card for each season and see how it worked out! (I can actually see this one working for each season!) I started thinking about it after I made a card that I will be sharing on the last day! The colors scream fall to me, but realized that they could be fabulous winter or summer colors as well! Anyway, I'm rambling!

This card also features the new Sprigs and Sprays: Fall stamp set AND the amazing new Vase Collection 11 stamp/die set. It's such fabulous pot that will be perfect for so many of our beloved flowers!

I've fallen head-over-heels in love with this color combo, too; Saffron Spice, Aqua Mist, and shades of green!

This card features the adorable new Mini Picket Fence dies as well; these will be used A LOT, I can tell!

I used both the small and medium ovals from the new Love to Layer: Ovals die set; you can see the beautiful edge detail.

I love the cute little pumpkin that is included in the Sprigs and Sprays: Fall stamp set; it tucks in to the pot so nicely!

I wanted to play around with the Orchids AND the new Vase Collection 11 stamp set. 

I also wanted to play around with the Weathered Tile stencils and Terracotta Tile ink and cardstock for a real mexican tile look.

It was a little tough to edit the pictures to get the brightness I wanted because I feel like I lost a bit of the terracotta goodness; if you have the cardstock, then you know what I mean!

This concludes all of my projects for day 1; join me again tomorrow for day 2! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Eva N said...

Beautiful cards, particularly the Orchids. Love all the variations you created. While I have enogh vase sets, your potted orchid shows I'll need this new vase set, too!
Naples1414@outlook.com

Connie said...

Beautiful cards, Kelly!
I'm loving the new products!
I must get that new stencil and the oval dies soon.
Thanks for your wonderful inspiration.