Monday, July 18, 2022

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown! I'm sharing two cards, so my post is a little bit shorter than yesterday! ha ha! Up first is a card using the new Elegant Edges: Wispy Tree die; TBH....my card is giving me Teletubbie vibes, but I didn't realize it until I was editing photos! LOL! Or maybe a Hobbit hole? Maybe Teletubbies live in Hobbit Holes? LOL!

The Elegant Edges: Wispy Tree die is quite versatile; just like the others in the series. You can die cut the the tree from a solid piece, you can die cut the tree from a solid piece and then use the additional edge die, like I did on this card, OR you can just use the pieces that fall from the die. I actually chose to do some inlaid diecutting by adding in the largest portion of the tree once it was die cut. I added some ink and then glued it back into the negative space.

I thought it would be super cute to have the sun peeking up from the back of the tree so I die cut the On The Border: Sunburst Border Die and tucked it behind the tree panel. I used a cloud stencil for the background with some ink splatter and then layered everything up onto that. The sentiment is from the new Just Sentiments: You're on my Mind and is heat embossed in white. I added a few flowers and leaves from Posies and Sprigs stamp set for some added color and charm.

My  next card uses the new Cover Plate: Wispy Tree die; this will be such a fun one for autumn and Halloween cards! I've paired it with the new Eucalyptus Elegance stamp set; this one will be so fun to tuck in flower arrangements (I'm thinking Effortless Beauties)

My daughter said there is just too much green on this card, but that's the vibe I was going for; natural, green, earthy, simple.

This is another sentiment from the Just Sentiments: You're on my Mind and is stamped in black onto a strip of Weathervane cardstock.

I mentioned yesterday that I began this release with 4 sheets of white cardstock so I chose to use Rustic White cardstock for all of the die cutting and the background is watercolor paper with some ink blending and water spritzing. Join me tomorrow for day 3 of the release; it will be very colorful! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Eva N said...

Love your Wispy Tree card. It is so bright and cheerful, sure to elevate anyone's mood.
Naples1414@outlook.com