Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 4

It's seems like the countdown has just whizzed by, doesn't it? I can't believe we're on the final day! I have two cards to share with you today that I'm really excited about! Both of these cards were a joy to create and I think you're really going to love the products that are being showcased today!


Up first is this autumnal harvest card that features the new Cornered: Wispy Tree dies! I ended up not snipping the dies apart and used them together on both sides of the Dark Indigo panel. I die cut it first using the Love to Layer: Notched Die from both Dark Indigo and Kraft cardstock. I used the Cornered: Wispy Tree dies ( still wired together) on the top and bottom of the panel and then glued the blue one on top of the Kraft panel.

At this point, I fitzed and fussed over what to do and then I remembered the extra Country Handbasket Die I had made when it was first released! I knew it would be the perfect thing to accent the die cut panel AND to hold some of the flowers and foliage from the new Spruce and Sprigs: Fall that was showcased on day 1. 

Believe it or not, there is a small oval from the Love to Layer: Oval die collection underneath the basket! I really thought the edges might show, but I got a little carried away filling the basket with all of the cute stamped images!

I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the new Inside Greetings: You're on my Mind stamp set. I really wanted to use this particular sentiment from the set as opposed to some of the other smaller sentiments so I chose to use vellum so that the die cut tree could show through. I layered the entire panel onto an A2 Honey Nut card base using foam squares.

Now for something a little bit brighter and summery! This card features the smaller of the two new stencils included in the Dotted Hexagon Stencil collection. I was inspired by a bathroom design that features hexagon tiles, a basket of Eucalyptus, and a floral shower curtain using these hues.

I think I mentioned on day 2 when we showcased the new Eucalyptus Elegance stamp set that I envisioned the branches with the Effortless Beauties stamp set; I was right....a match made in heaven! I have to admit that Effortless Beauties is my favorite floral stamp set from PTI right now!

I stenciled the background panel using black ink; I set it aside and die cut and stamped ALL  of the flowers and foliage. I die cut the medium size oval and stamped yet another sentiment from the new Just Sentiments: You're on my Mind stamp set in the middle. I adhered it to the stenciled panel using foam squares.

I arranged the leaves and flowers here and there using foam squares and liquid glue. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I added the "a loving hello" portion of the sentiment, which is included in the Effortless Beauties set, and glued it strategically between the flower and the leaf.

I added a trio of sequins and a generous amount of glitter before adhering it to a Soft Stone card base using foam squares. 
This concludes the countdown and everything will be available for purchase tomorrow at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Eve N said...

These cards are great! Love your richly colored autumnal card. The overflowing basket is stunning over the new Corners dies.

Christine said...

Your basket of Autumn beauty is my favorite project from the release. I love the way the embossed detail on the basket shows so well. What combination of paper and ink colors did you use to achieve such a pretty effect?

Cindy H. said...

Both are beautiful cards but I absolutely adore the basket of flowers card!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! Thank you so much! I die cut the basket from Stamper's Select White cardstock and then colored it with Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, and other brown Distres Oxide ink pads and finger sabers.