Thursday, April 11, 2019

Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday {Some Bunny Loves You}

 Welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday! This is always a fun post to put together because I get to use some of my favorite older sets! When I buy products, I buy things with longevity in mind and multiple uses! These darling Carrot Treat Boxes stole my heart when they were first released and they still are so much fun to use! I also used the So Sweet stamp set that was designed to be used in conjunction with the boxes.

 Easter is on its way and baskets are ready to be filled! The Carrot Treat Box paired with the So Sweet stamp set creates the perfect presentation to make any basket shine. They never lose their style or charm and I reach for them year after year! I mentioned on the PTI blog that I have used these year round, and I will share all of the different ways I have transformed these boxes. Let me start off by sharing the very first ones I made when they were first released. I had so much fun that first Easter making them for family and friends. You can read that post HERE. I also shared some cutting tips when using this particular die that you may find helpful.
For today's boxes, I chose 3 colors of cardstock that would coordinate with the Pretty Pastels pattern paper pad. This is one of my favorites and I have used it EVERY year since it was released...that is  A LOT of years! LOL! I stocked up with the amazing sale so I will be able to use it for many more years to come! Ha ha! I have an Aqua Mist box, Winter Wisteria, and Berry Sorbet. These boxes almost look good enough to eat on their own! I used one of the included dies in the set to die cut the pattern paper pieces and adhered them to all four sides of the boxes.

 The Bunny is stamped in black and then I stamped the cheeks, nose and eyes with the coordinating images. It is so fast and easy to put this little guy together. I used the So Sweet die to die cut him and then adhered him to a tag that comes with the Carrot Treat Box die collection. 
After I had made all of those carrots that first year, I decided to try making some strawberry boxes. I loved how those turned out and you can see them HERE.  Then, Distress Oxide Inks hit the market and they were ALL THE RAGE! I loved the different results that you could get with those inks so I tried making some watermelon boxes. You can see those HERE. And my last alternate way to use the boxes can be found HERE.
To finish these boxes off, I used the other tag that is included for the sentiment at the top of the carrot. I just love the cute fonts that the sentiments are printed in. I also love the mix of sentiments to really make this set work for so many reasons. They are tied up with Spring Moss Swiss Dot ribbon and then the tag is attached using some Button Twine
I hope you enjoyed this trip down Carrot Box memory lane! LOL! I really have had so much fun with them over the years and today's project actually inspired me to try yet another modification, so watch out! Ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

You are just incredible! Loved seeing all the ways to use the carrot die! I may have to break down and order it! Happy Easter to you and your’s!

Connie said...

Love what you’ve created in every season. Makes the set most desirable—soooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I have never used my carrot box, guess it is time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning beautiful lady! I’m a little late with my comment. I’m afraid it may be that way until late May. Planning for a long distance wedding involves a TON more calls and running around. Anyhow, I always love how you put your boxes, bags, tags & treats together. These are so pretty for Easter, such a cute idea. You’re just amazing! 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Sounds like you're a busy gal! Have a great weekend!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cindy! They are so much fun to make!