Thursday, April 18, 2019

Wishing you a joyous Easter!

I can't believe Easter is almost here! I am feeling grateful that it is later than usual this year so I have extra time to work on fun projects! Today I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog sharing these quick and easy Easter box/ baskets. If you stop by regularly, you will know that these are a favorite of mine this time of year.

Bunnies and baskets just go hand in hand for Easter, so I thought it would be fun to use the beautiful Egg Cut-Away Window Die to create some fun focal points for today's projects. I think I mentioned during the release that this die reminds me of the eggs that you can peek into and see a springtime scene or Easter scene. I loved those so much growing up! I die cut the egg portion using green cardstock and adhered it to the front of the box using foam squares for dimension.

The bunnies are die cut twice and glued together using the bunny that is included in the Window die collection. I added a pom pom tail using a hot glue gun for security. I would hate Peter Cottontail to lose his cotton tail! LOL!

I used the Easter word die to die cut the word; once from white cardstock and once from a specialty gold paper. I glued them together using liquid glue and then carefully applied it to the egg shape using strategically placed liquid glue. The sentiment is from the Easter Wishes stamp set and is heat embossed in gold and then adhered to the box/basket using foam squares.

I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins to the inside of the egg. I also added a purple polka dot bow to the box using a glue gun. I don't use ribbon like I used to, but an Easter basket is just calling for some! These are the perfect size to fill with treats and lipgloss, etc. The box is 5 inches tall, 3 3/4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches deep. These were so quick and easy to make! I hope you get a chance to make all of the Easter projects on your list! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So very cute, Kelly. As I'm sure you know by now I adore your gift giving and packaging posts! I hope all is well with you and wish you a very Happy Easter.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Debbie! I hope you have a wonderful Easter as well!