Wednesday, April 24, 2019

SugarPea Designs April Release Day 3

Well, it's Wednesday and day 3 of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week! I hope you've enjoyed days 1 and 2! The fun continues with today's adorable new stamp set and coordinating SugarCuts called You're My Type! It is just so adorable and jam packed with so many cute sentiments that fit any occasion! You'll definitely want to head to each of the designer's blogs to check out how they've used this cute new set!

No photo description available.

 I've created a total of 3 cards using the new set. First up is a layered card using a combination of the die cut typewriter layered over the stamped portion. This particular die set makes it possible to simply die cut the different pieces for the typewriter or stamp the line art image and color it  yourself. I really like the option that I used today because it is so quick and easy and my coloring isn't quite as nice as I would like. 
No photo description available.
To create the typewriter, I die cut the top turquoise portion  and then the black portion with the keys and glued them together. The die set comes with a rectangular portion that you can use for the larger sentiments, but I chose to die cut the typewriter shape that is for the line art stamp and just ink up the paper portion and layer my turquoise/black typewriter over the top. I stamped "hello" and added one of the hearts that I die cut from the set and added a coat of Crystal Glaze.


I love the "friend" sentiment and how it looks like typewriter keys. I added some Crystal Glaze over the top of these as well for some added detail and dimension. I used the new Card Front Element Builders II that was showcased yesterday on this card as well!
Image may contain: text
For this next set of cards, I wanted to create some CAS designs to really show off how cute the typewriter is. Once again, I used the cute banner piece from the Card Front Element Builders II to highlight the word "friend". 

 The typewriters for these cards were created in the exact same way as the one from the other card; so simple and easy!
I added a few more hearts that are included in the Just My Type SugarCuts set and used foam squares to pop the larger one for some added dimension. Each heart has a coat of Crystal Glaze. I had so much fun making these cards! Thanks for fluttering by and stop by again tomorrow for Day 4 of the release!



28 comments:

Sheri said...

Great colorful cards! I love the typewriter!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love your cards! Great new set!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Kelly
love teh sample of cards. Theya re amazing. love teh colors too. Hugs and prayers

Karthikha said...

Wonderful cards! I love the miss you ones a lot :)

Trina P. said...

Delightful cards. The miss you ones are my fave. x

Sue D said...

So sweet. I like the colors, layers and polka dots.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the layering on the first card.
The dotted backgrounds on the other
cards makes them pop - especially
with the hearts pouring out from
the typewriter. Great cards.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Becca Yahrling said...

I love all the wonderful sentiments included in this
set, to make this set so versatile and fun. Your card
is beautiful! Love the layers.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

All of your cards look wonderful! I really love how you layered everything on your first card. :)

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! Love the layering with the new die set on your 1st card, and that typewriter is just adorable!

Julie said...

These are adorable cards... I would love to know what the dotted paper is and the die used to make the background.

Cutest EVER!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my! What a gorgeous set of cards! Colors are adorable!!!

Karenladd said...

These colors make the cards pop, and add so much energy to your design. Love it!

annaka said...

Super cute especially with the polka-dot background

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your color combos! And great layering on the first card!

Cyndi said...

Sweet, colorful cards. Love that typewriter.

Cindy Macias said...

Nice, another beautiful setting! Add some dimension and colorful cards! Thanks!

Lee said...

Such a great new release! I love your card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh my word!! I LOVE all of these cute cards!! I NEED this set!!

Jean said...

Simply delightful!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a fun bunch of cards...love how you used this set and the dies.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty using the new set.

roni said...

They are so pretty, I love the pink and purple background.

Helen said...

These cards are grrreat! Like the layers you've given to your cards--they highlight the typewriter image so well. Fab color combinations. tfs

Dee Earnshaw said...

awesome cards - love the layering:)

sharon g said...

The hearts floating from the page look so cute. I also love how you put different papers together. Nice job.

Andre M. said...

Fab layering of elements on your first card and the CAS style of the second is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Such pretty colors mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com