Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Brighter days are ahead}



We're just finishing up our nice and relaxing Spring Break week! I hope you've all had a nice week as well! I've got a bright and cheery card to share with you today that should bring some sunshine to your day! Today a few of the Papertrey Ink gals are sharing some projects using the Latin Motifs stamp set and coordinating Latin Motifs Dies. We all face difficult times in our life, and what better way to cheer someone up, than with a bright rainbow! The Latin Motifs stamp set is begging to be brought to life with vibrant and colorful stamping!
I knew I wanted to use the die cut that creates the Papel Picado banner pieces and use a lot of vibrant color! So, I created a blended panel using Distress Oxide inks; Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet! If that doesn't sound like a celebration, I don't know what does! LOL! I die cut as many of the banner pieces as I could from the panel. 

In my original idea, I had planned on stamping all of the flowers separately using the same bright colors, but then I thought,"Why not die cut the flowers from the same blended panel for some multi colored flowers?". I'm so glad I thought to do that! I was able to die cut ALL of the flowers from the same panel. Once they were all cut, I added the black detail image over the top. 

I also stamped the pattern underneath the Papel Picado banner using the same ink as the blended panel. I didn't clean the image as I went from color to color to hopefully bring in some of the blended look. I really like how it turned out.

The sentiment is stamped in black at the bottom. I like having cards like this on hand for when someone could use a pick-me-up! I also added some rainbow gems to the centers of some of the flowers, some of the rainbow pattern underneath the banner and around the sentiment. It really gives the card some added sparkle! I had a lot of fun working on this design. I hope you all might try creating a card using one blended panel and see what you come up with! It was definitely an unexpected result, but I really like it! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Pegster said...

Who wouldn't be cheered up by your card with flowers and bright colors. Just beautiful!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I’m not sure if it’s the photography or this is one of your fabulous long card designs, but I fell in love with it, as soon as I saw it. This is actually one of my favorite stamp sets and have made a couple of cards, but you gave it a whole new life. I love the paper picados too! This will make anyone’s day happy and it sure made mine. Many thanks and I’m happy you enjoyed your time off! :)