Thursday, April 25, 2019

SugarPea Designs April Release Day 4

 Hello and welcome to day 4 of the SugarPea Designs April release! Today I'm sharing two cards using the new Sprout, Bloom, Grow stamp set and coordinating SugarCuts.  I had so much fun building these spring time scenes, but before I get started on the details of these two designs, dont forget to head to the other designers' blogs to see what they have come up with.
I couldn't wait to get these adorable rain boots inky. To begin, I stamped the boot image 4 times onto a piece of yellow polka-dot paper. I also stamped the boot image onto white card stock and die cut them using the coordinating Sprout, Bloom, Grow SugarCuts. I fussy cut around the polka-dot boots and adhered them over the white piece using liquid glue. After the four boots were complete, I added a coat of Crystal Glaze and set them aside to dry.

No photo description available.
In the meantime, I got to work creating all of the pieces for the rest of the 2 designs. I stamped and colored each of the pieces I wanted to use. I really wanted the scene to be bursting with flowers, grass, and that sweet little bunny!

I normally don't center my sentiments but I thought it was so cute floating among the clouds! To give my design the scalloped edges, I used the Card Front Element Builder. I had so much fun creating these two cards! Thanks for fluttering by!

23 comments:

roni said...

You perfected a fun & colorful Spring scene. Your card elements spark so much joy, I love it!

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love your scene! So adorable.

Dee Earnshaw said...

love this sweet scene:)

MadeByMeghanK said...

Both are soooo sweet! I love the die cut frames you used and your coloring!

sharon g said...

I just love the added butterfly--I don't know why it stands out to me so much, but it is so sweet. Maybe because it reminds me of summer as a kiddo.

Karthikha said...

Such a lovely sweet spring scene!! Beautiful work :)

Denise Bryant said...

Such a cute scene! Love the cute polka dot boots!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I know you’re extra busy right now and I didn’t want you to think I stopped by, only once in a while. Your colorful cards are SO PRETTY ! YOU are an amazing artist! One of the most versatile artists, with so many different styles and techniques. I can’t say it enough, you’re also an amazing teacher! Thanks so much! 😊❤️

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my!!! Gorgeous cards and colors!!!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Kelly.
Your beauty is oozing with elegance and love the coloring and teh polka dot boos too.Love and prayers

Becca Yahrling said...

Very Spring-esque with the card colors. Love the paper pieced boots
and of course, this adorable set.

annaka said...

Such a brightful card collection.

Karenladd said...

The Crystal Glaze added to your sweet little polka dotted boots adds such a fun element to your adorable spring scene

Jean said...

Simply darling! Gorgeous colors!

Cyndi said...

I love these cards. the boot is one of my favorite images from this wonderful set.

Andre M. said...

This is such a pretty garden scene. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Andrea Shell said...

What a delightful card! Love these bright, cheery colors!

Lee said...

So sweet! Love the new release!

Sue D said...

Cute scene and love the colors and the polka dot boots.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So cute mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

NinaS said...

Beautiful design, love the polka dot boots.

Mary-Anne V said...

awesome set of cards...your pots look exactly like terracotta.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Cute cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com