Friday, April 26, 2019

SugarPea Designs April Release Day 5

Well, friends, it's the 5th and final day of the SugarPea Designs April release! I hope you've enjoyed seeing all of the fun new products that are available TODAY starting at 6 PM ET! Today the team is showcasing 2 new sets; Follow Your Dreams and For The Graduate. For The Graduate has a coordinating SugarCuts set as well as a coordinating stand-alone word die that says "Congrats"! I have 2 designs to share with you today, but first, you'll want to head to the other designers' blogs as well to see what they have come up with!

I had a lot of fun creating all of the brightly colored word strips for this fun design. I'm planning on using this as a graduation card for one of the girl graduates in the neighborhood. As I was editing my photos, I realized how cute the black circle would have looked with one of the graduation cap images from the For The Graduate hung at a jaunty angle! I think I will make the addition before I send it out! 
Image may contain: text

 I really like how all of these sentiments work so well together to create this colorful graduation design! To begin, I cut all of the different colored strips and then used my Mini MISTI to make sure that the "follow your dreams" sentiment was in the same place on each of the stamped strips. I didn't add the sentiment to the light green, yellow, and orange strips since they are covered up with the circle.  I heat embossed the "they know the way" in white onto a black strip to set it apart from the other strips.
I also heat embossed the "go and do amazing things" sentiment in white onto a circle that has been die cut using the new Card Front Element Builders II SugarCuts. The black card base has also been die cut using it as well.
Image may contain: text


 Each of the sentiment strips is popped up using mini foam squares and placed on the card with equal spacing. The black square is also popped up with foam squares to give it even more dimension. 
 My second set of cards uses the new "For The Graduate" stamp set and coordinating "For The Graduate" SugarCuts. I really like how professional these card turned out with the gold embossed details. I used the school colors to make the cards more personal and fitting for the two graduates. 
No photo description available.
This really is such an amazing set and I really love how it has so many details and sentiments; I really can't see myself needing another graduation set! To begin, I stamped and die cut the graduation caps and diploma rolls. I also die cut the smaller gold details using some gold specialty paper to give the card some extra depth and detail.
No photo description available.

As you can see, I used the Card Front Element Builders II to create this design. The "happy graduation" sentiment fits perfectly on the banner piece that is included in this die cut set. I used my Mini MISTI to do all of the stamping for the "class of 2019" portion to make sure I got it all lined up properly. 

There is also a coordinating "Congrats" stand-alone word die that goes with this set. I didn't use it on today's cards, but it will definitely come in handy in the future.
Image may contain: text

Well, that's all for today! I hope you've enjoyed the Sweet Peek Week! Don't forget to go shopping at 6 PM ET to make sure you get everything on your list! Thanks for fluttering by!


25 comments:

Shari Czerwinski said...

Both are great cards! Love the bright CAS one, so I pinned it for inspiration!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Both are amazing! But I love the rainbow one soooo much! Way to highlight the sentiments!

Danielle Vincent said...

LOVE these cards! I'm so excited about the graduation themed products! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration.

Jean said...

Such wonderful cards! Very classy and elegant!

Karthikha said...

Wonderful cards! I like the grad ones more :)

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! I love the colorful strips on the first card! Awesome sentiments!

Martha Herrera said...

Your graduation card is so elegant. I love it.
Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Lisa A creations said...

Loving the green card with the gold embossing. This is the perfect graduation stamp and die set. This is a must-have! Been waiting for a set like this for a long time.

Sue D said...

Inspiring and classy. I like the colorful strips on the first one.

Surekha Galagoda said...

Wow it is elegant and beautiful. Tc stay blessed always

sharon g said...

I love the colorful card. The different colors sort of represent, to me, that there are many roads to take, and they are all special.

Jen P said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection of cards!

annaka said...

Nice colourful card! Thanks for sharing

Arianna Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the designs and colors!!!

Andre M. said...

Lovely cards. Both sets are so versatile! Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

Cyndi said...

Beautiful cards. I love the gorgeous colors and the unique style of the first one, and the second would be perfect for using school colors. Wonderful ideas.

Dee Earnshaw said...

wow your cards are awesome - LOVE the designs:)

Karenladd said...

I love all those sentiments, and the tag die is such a fun shape. Wonderful cards

roni said...

I love your cards Kelly! Is there a video on how you
made the 1st card? It’s so colorful, I love it. The second card is a great inspiration too, I can customize the color to the school’s colors.

Mary-Anne V said...

Both of these cars are fabulous! I really like the first card with the strips of colorful sentiments and the second card is great for personalizing for the graduate's school colors.

Leanne said...

Fabulous cards!

Susanbcards said...

I saw the follow your dreams card on Instagram and it made me look up Sugarpea Designs!

jan metcalf said...

Classy congrats! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Great cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Lee said...

Fabulous cards! thank you for sharing!