Friday, April 5, 2019

Just "Bee"cause you're simply AMAZING!

I thought it would be a good time for this cute Big Bear to come out of hibernation! I just love using this stamp set and he looks so cute wearing his spring scarf with a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers! I always love using this stamp set and it pairs so well with the new Word Up stamp set and the Happy Bee Day stamp sets.

If you've stopped by this week, I shared two "hello" cards and 4 other cards for a small stash of cards I am working on and these two cards will be going to the same place. To begin, I die cut the Hex Panel Coverpanel twice and then did some ink blending using Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink. I recently got a storage system for all of my Distress Oxide inks and I am just loving having them all organized and labeled! Once they were all blended, I spritzed them with Shimmer Spray and set them aside to dry.

In the meantime, I stamped the line art and colored everything using Copic markers. The bear and bouquet is from the Big Bear set, which I linked at the top, and then I die cut them using the coordinating Big Bear Confetti Cuts. The bees, floral cluster and "bee" cause sentiment are all from the Happy Bee Day set and are die cut using the Happy Bee Day Confetti Cuts. I didn't have enough of the lined pattern paper to put behind both of the coverpanels, so I just left one white. 

I layered the bear and bees onto a piece of white cardstock that has been die cut using the Stitched Hex Tag Confetti Cut. I also die cut half of a tag out of  some of the Darling Dots pattern paper to give the card some extra color and pattern. The "you are simply amazing" sentiment is heat embossed in white and placed below the other sentiment! I also added some sparkling clear sequins here and there as well as some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the bears' noses and the centers of the flowers. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: