Thursday, April 11, 2019

Inspired By....Rainy Day Party {I'm here for you rain or shine}

We've had a lot of rain lately, so this card is just perfect for the current conditions! LOL! My kids keep complaining each day as it rains! I just keep saying "April showers bring May flowers" which they don't like one bit! Ha ha! Today's card is for this week's Inspired By Challenge which is such a fun one!

No photo description available.
When I saw the cute cloud plates, they reminded me of Reverse Confetti Clouds! I decided to pull out the perfect set for this challenge; the Sealiously stamp set! I also paired it with the Cue the Confetti 6 by 6 paper pad because the dots reminded me of the cute favors in the inspiration photo.

To begin this design, I die cut the Stitched Note Frame out of white cardstock. I used the largest frame to place over the polka dot paper using foam squares and I used the note portion as the anchor for the cute seal.

As I mentioned earlier, all of the images for the card are from the Sealiously stamp set and I stamped and then colored them using Copic markers. I used the coordinating Sealiously Confetti Cuts to die cut the images.


The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto black cardstock and placed across the card using foam squares. Once I had all of the pieces in position, I spritzed the clouds with some blue ink using my color spritzing tool. I also added a few Nuvo drops to the clouds for some added rainy day detail. The seal and the umbrella got a quick coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some shine and detail. I hope you get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this is SOOOO fun! I love the glossy accents on the umbrella and the adorable little seal! Anything with polka dots makes me smile! So thrilled to be working with you on this team! XXX

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Claire! I'm excited to be working with you, too!❤❤❤