Monday, April 22, 2019

SugarPea Designs April Release Day #1

Hello and welcome to day #1 of the SugarPea Designs April Release! Today we are showcasing a super fun new set and coordinating products that you're sure to fall in love with, as I certainly have!  I've created a card using the new "Hey Honey" stamp set, but before I dive into the details of today's project, don't forget to head to the rest of the designer's blogs to see the creative ways that they have used these amazing new products.

Guest Designer:
Noga Shefer
No photo description available.

To begin, I used the amazing new Honey Comb Cover Plate to emboss my 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel that has been blended using Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink. I just love the dimension that it gives my card base!
No photo description available.

I stamped all of the images in black ink and then got to work coloring them using Copic markers. Once they were all done, I die cut them using the coordinating "Hey Honey" SugarCuts. I also die cut some of the new Stacked Honeycombs SugarCuts to give it some added detail as well as a place to stamp the cute sentiment.
No photo description available.
No photo description available.

 I also die cut some of the little hearts that are included in the SugarCuts set out of red cardstock and added them to the card using liquid glue. I also gave them a nice coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some added shine.
 The bear's nose also got some glaze as well. I always like adding simple little details like this to give the card some extra detail and whimsy.
Once everything was in place on the card, I added some black splatters of ink using my colors spritzing tool. I hope you've enjoyed today's new products! Everything will be available for purchase on Friday at 6 pm EST. Thanks for fluttering by!

31 comments:

roni said...

Yes, blending with the distress oxide gave your fun card a great dimension. I love it!

Amy Rohl said...

Absolutely adorable, Kelly! Can't wait to get my hands on this set!

Cyndi said...

Such a sweet card -- love the colors.

Karthikha said...

This is so sweet :)

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love this card! The way you used the die to create a texture on the background is awesome. And I love the warm colors.

Shari Czerwinski said...

Cute collection and love the color!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Kelly
The card is beautiful and love the orange background which has given value to the card.Love and hugs

Sue D said...

Love this cute and colorful design.

jan metcalf said...

Love the effects of distress oxide!

sharon g said...

I love the embossed honeycomb in the background. The bear is very cute, too!

Mrsfish02 said...

I love the stencil and the cover plate for that great honeycomb effect. Mr. Bear isn't too bad either. Nicely done.

Andrea Shell said...

What a fun card! Love your background and framing of the beehive!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Cute card mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Sheri said...

What a cute card!

Daria Z. said...

What a fabulous card! Your coloring is just perfect.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love that honeycomb background! Gorgeous colors! TOO CUTE!

Lee said...

Adorable! such a cute background!

Denise Bryant said...

Love that awesome background! Such a fun card with the adorable bear and bees! Love your fun card!

annaka said...

Super cute card!Tha Tha for sharing!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply darling and creative!!

Andre M. said...

The embossed background is fab and your coloring of the images is darling.

Marianne said...

Fun card. Cannot get enough of those sweet bees.

Becca Yahrling said...

That honeycomb background is so lush and beautiful. The whole card is just darling.

Mary-Anne V said...

Awesome card especially like the fabulous embossed background.

mom2five said...

Love the background and the addition of the hearts... really makes a sweet card

Karenladd said...

Those chubby little bees couldnt be cuter and I love the hexagon background!

Arianna Barbara said...

Adorable card! I'm in love for the fabulous colouring and layout!!!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Kelly
love the card using bee hives, bees and bears like winnie the Pooh.Love and hugs

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the warm feel of the background.
Reminds you of a hot summer day, with
the bees buzzing around. Fun card.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jean said...

So very cute!

Dee Earnshaw said...

sweet card:)