Friday, March 18, 2022

The Greetery's Inspiration Friday {TGIF} He is Risen!

 

Hello and welcome! It’s my turn for this week’s TGIF feature! I feel lucky to be here so soon after the new release! There’s so much to love about this beautiful new spring release, don’t you think? I felt like the previously released Cathedral Die and Cathedral Stencil was begging to be included in showcasing the new products, so that is where my card began!



When the Cathedral Die was first released, I opted to create a yellow glow emitting from the panes rather than use the stencils to create a stain glass window. For this card, it only seemed right to create a pastel toned window! I used the 4 different stencils and 4 pastel ink colors to create the window, adding just a spritz or two of Shimmer Spray for a glass-like shine.  I die cut the stenciled panel using the solid portion of the die, but then taped the dies back together with Washi tape to die cut the frame portion. I actually die cut it twice to give the frame some depth to look like the real thing. I simply glued them together using liquid glue and then glued the frame over the stenciled piece.



Once the window was done, I die cut the “Amen” sentiment using the new Amen dies. I fiddled a bit with placement so that the words could be read easily without getting lost in the frame of the window. It worked out perfectly that the line on the A and the line on the N lined up perfectly with the solid pieces of the window frame so I had somewhere to glue them for a sturdy piece.



The background was created by stamping the beautiful foliage using the Fond of Foliage background stamp for a tone-on-tone look. I adhered the window in the middle of the background panel using foam squares for dimension. The nest and blossom are from the new Curio: Spring Findings die collection. I like to die cut all of the pieces from white cardstock and then color them using finger daubers and ink.



The cute little robin tending her nest is from the Robin and Wren stamp set. I tend to shy away from mixing stamped images with die cut and then colored images (think BotaniCuts), but in this case, I think this bird looks great perched on the window frame! The finishing touch is a companion sentiment from the Amen and Alleluia stamp set. I die cut it using the Sentiment Suite Basics die set to give it that finished look. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for some sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh what a beauty, Kelly. The cathedral die paired with new release products are a match made in heaven!! And the addition of the adorable bird... perfection. I hope you have a well deserved weekend.

Becky Green said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Kelly! It makes me think of standing outside of a church & seeing a bird nest nestled in the corner of a window! I LOVE the soft colors! And ALL of the elements you used are PERFECT on this! SO GLAD you showed us the stained glass window used with the New Easter/Spring products. A PERFECT PAIRING! I DO LOVE to see what you offer us in Inspiration, Kelly!BLESSINGS!!!! ;)<3

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, your Easter card is amazing! Love all the new springtime additions and I can't wait to get mine :) As it happens, I've also used the Cathedral Window for my Easter card this year, too. All the parts are done and I just have to glue them onto the card bases. If I get my new stamping order in time, and my time permits, I may add one or two of the new items to the card instead of the ones I already have stamped, we'll see. Anyway, thank you for this beautiful inspiration!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Besides the many things I’ve learned from you over the years is your beautiful layering. Your combinations in this lovely card is Amazing, it’s like everything was made specifically, to go together. It’s that perfect and it’s a beauty! I was having trouble putting my thoughts into words over at The Greetery but I love how the faith based words were added to non- traditional Easter cards. Adding them to the Spring designs like your Amen, is one of my favorite things about this release. (Does that make sense?). I can’t thank you enough for all of your gorgeous creations and inspiration! I hope you’re feeling better and have a great weekend! ❤️😎