Monday, March 28, 2022

Flying By to Say Hello!

I hope you're all having a great start to your week! I had some fun, crafty time creating this butterfly card for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I chose the whimsical Flying By stamp set to use for this bright, floral design! When this set was first released last year, I chose to heat emboss the butterfly in white and then used the emboss/resist technique to add the color. For today's card, I stamped the outline in black and then used the multi-step stamps to add the color

I chose Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, and Summer Sunrise inks to bring the butterfly to life. I have to admit that I like having the body of the butterfly black so that it looks realistic and stands out!
Once the butterfly was finished, I die cut all of the pieces (and two extra leaves) from the Into the Blooms II dies and then colored them with Distress Oxide inks. I've never used all of the blooms from this collection on one card, so this was fun to cluster them together for the butterfly to perch on.

The background was created by layering a white piece of cardstock that was die cut using the Cover Plate: Herringbone die. I glued it to a top folding A2 card base and then added some Aqua Mist ink near the center using a blender brush. I also added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter.

I layered the leaves and flowers along with the butterfly. The "flying by" portion of the sentiment is die cut and stamped in black and added to the wings using foam squares. I heat embossed the "to say hello" portion using white powder onto a strip of True Black cardstock. I trimmed it down and carefully tucked it underneath the die cut sentiment. I finished it off with a sprinkling of glitter! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: