Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Greetery Breath of Spring Release Day

The time has come....it's release day for the Breath of Spring collection at The Greetery! Everything will be available for purchase today at 10 am ET. Today i'm sharing 3 new projects with you for even more inspiration with the beautiful new products! To be perfectly honest, I think I could create Spring Mix panels all day! ha ha!
If you know me, you know that I LOVE creating 3D projects! I decided to experiment with the new Spring Mix stamp/die/stencil collection to create this cute little basket/box. It's my go-to design for quick little containers, but with the addition of the stenciled/stamped panels, it really takes the whole thing up a notch.

To begin the basket/box, I stenciled 2 identical panels and then stamped the detail portions using my mini MISTI. I used the coordinating die to cut out both panels. Originally I planned on using the panels to make one card and the basket, but once I saw the depth and dimension the basket had with two panels on each side, I just HAD to go with it! I will give you a bird's eye view in a bit so you can see exactly what I am talking about. 3D projects are always so tough to photograph for me!


I also die cut a few of the stand-alone blooms and simply added some ink blending and the detail stamping to each of the flowers. I added them here and there using foam squares for dimension. I only added extra flowers to the front panel and left the one in the back of the box as-is.
The basket box is created using Sweet Blush card stock with simple scoring and cutting for a quick project. The front and back measure 4 1/4 (the width of the stenciled/stamped panel) and the sides and bottom measure 1 inch. The height is 2 1/2 inches, but you could tailor it to fit your needs. I wanted the airiness of the die cut panel to be shown, so I  kept it on the shorter side. I cut the back panel so that the same amount is showing at the top, but there's just a little bit below the top of the basket where I secured it with ScorTape. Unfortunately, the back of the box is not very attractive because it's simply the backside of the die cut panel, so I opted to trim as much off as possible so you could still see the box below. Hopefully that makes sense! As I was playing around with the placement of the panels and I decided on using both, I realized that I would need a moveable handle so that it could swing back and forth so the recipient could access the treats and gifts inside. I decided on using a small brad to secure both sides of the handle as you can see in the photo above.

You could eliminate the need for the hinged handle by omitting the back panel, but as I mentioned earlier, it just looked so darn cute I had to keep it! I had a few pieces left over from my hourglass Springtime cards I shared on day 1, so this cute little bunny sporting an umbrella got tucked into this sweet scene. Of course I had to pick this particular sentiment from the Springtime stamp set to finish it off!

This gives you another view of how the two panels look together. It just really feels like you're in a field of flowers! I picked up some seed packets and Ghirardelli squares to tuck inside and I will look for other fitting gifts as the season progresses.

My next project was inspired because of a question from one of my sweetest and kindest blog readers, Becky Green!!! She asked on day 1 of the reveals if the bunny would work with the Jumbo Jar Die (at least I hope that's what you meant :)) and so off I went to find out! ha ha!

As you can see, it's a perfect fit and how fun it is!!! I had so much fun creating this shaped card  sporting the cutest pink bunny! I realized that my lid die has up and gone missing, which is seriously bugging me. I guess some housekeeping is in order to find the escapee! Anyway, I really wanted to have the lid on the jar, but opted to add the BOW instead! 

Even though the snail is not to scale, I couldn't resist adding him to this sweet springtime scene! Did you know that snails leave a little sparkle wherever they go? Maybe everyone knows this, but I just figured it out last summer. We have a fire-pit with concrete work around the entire thing in our backyard. One summer morning I went outside to water the flowers and the sun was glinting off the cement that was positively shimmering with little sparky lines going every which way. I had no clue what had made those sparkling lines, but put my bet on spiders of some sort. Fast forward sometime later; I was out walking and I was on a freshly tarred road and saw the exact same trails...EVERYWHERE!!! Needless to say, a few steps forward I found a snail plugging along leaving that sparkling trail! Mystery solved! Even though snails are not good to have leaving trails around your yard, I absolutely love that they leave that sparkle wherever they go! Slow and steady wins the race...and leave a little sparkle wherever you go!
My last project for today uses that elusive 6th stenciled/stamped panel I talked about in my post from DAY 1. I was planning on sharing on day 1, but decided I'd better save it just in case I didn't get any time to create anything new! I should have known better since all I want to do is make more projects with this release! Oh well....just another one to share today!

As you can see, it's EXACTLY the same as the notecard set, but I switched things up by adding the die cut Alleluia word and stamped the "He is Risen" sentiment in the corner.

I also added another one of the sentiments to the flap of the envelope to really set the theme!

I just want to thank you for all of your sweet support! You really know how to make a girl's day! I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but between being sick in February and then hurting my back, I've been in a funk, so all of this creative time has buoyed my spirits! All of your sweet comments and love really make a difference! Thank you! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

28 comments:

Isabel Z said...

It's rainy, gloomy day but your post has filled me with sunshine. Such lovely cards, and they are so beautiful that I would display them to brighten my days. Thank you for taking the time to share how you created the box card which I hope to recreate.

Cindy H. said...

Love your sweet Easter basket/box and your gorgeous cards! Your art work is always so inspiring!! Thanks for sharing and for bringing a smile on this foggy morning.

Debbie said...

Oh Kelly how I love your bonus posts and your lovely creations. Your attention to detail and your "storytelling" along the way makes my day!! Thank you as always for your devotion to your followers. Hope you are feeling better.

Becky Green said...

KELLY! You have ANSWERED MY QUESTION & MADE A SALE! LOL I LOVE the little bunny in the Mason Jar! YES, EXACTLY what I meant! ;) EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!! I LOVE IT ALL! The little box, making you feel like you're in a field of flowers (I DID feel like that too!) Your Bunny Ball Jar Card which SO TICKLED ME that you did this!!! ;) AND your final card---You ALWAYS CHOOSE the PERFECT COLORS! I feel like I'm looking through a Hallmark Store! (You made my day!) HUGS! ;)<3

Kris said...

Kelly...just stunning...I'm speechless! I can't get enough of your wonderful blog. I so appreciate the way you share your knowledge of 3-D projects. I can't wait to make some of those delightful basket boxes. Will you share the colors you used on the basket box and Alleluia card?

I Card Everyone said...

Leave it you to create a basket to fill with all these gorgeous blooms - gorgeous inside, and out, Kelly!
Your little mason jar die is such a sweet size! also filled to perfection!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Kelly...you just amaze me with your creativity!! That basket is beyond BEAUTIFUL, and I just placed my order, so I will definitely be trying one of these baskets out! And the little bunny in the jar is absolutely ADORABLE, and your last card is perfection! I can tell you really loved this whole new collection, and I can't wait to create with it too! Thank you, thank you for all the beautiful inspiration!! Hugs. :0)

Marie said...

I love the snail trail story. Funny how we notice those things in nature and get amazed.
Love the basket and the card. I always await the Greetery's releases and your makes using the products.

Jan said...

That bunny with the mason jar is just the sweetest and I think the bow is a better choice than the lid anyway--although I hope it shows up sooner than later! I hate it when a stamp goes missing!

Connie said...

Awesome cards, Kelly!
Love those darling images.

TeresaC said...

Kelly!! Such springtime beauties!! Love your projects and I tell you, they are a LIFT to my spirits!!
Thank you so much for sharing these and for sharing is such helpful detail about how you made them.
:)

Vickie R. said...

I was on the fence about the Springtime set, but after today's post I added it to my order! The little bunny surrounded by all those blooms is wonderful! AND it fits in the jar?! SO cute! Thanks for all of the inspiration! :)

Stephanie Clapper said...

From start to finish, your creativity is A-mazing! I’m in love with your gorgeous basket, your wonderful Becky Green inspired tag ( love the bow!) and your gorgeous card. I just can’t find the right words to express how lovely each of your projects turned out. Your inspiration is off the crafting charts! 😊 Thank you sincerely for sharing another outstanding post filled with Spring beauty! And btw, if your house keeping doesn’t turn up the jar lid, I’ll be happy to send you a pile of die cuts. Thanks again Kelly, I hope you feel better soon! πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much! The basket box uses Stampin’ Up! ink: Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Crushed Curry and More Mustard, Regal Rose and coral (blanking on exact name) and the greens are Celery, mellow moss and Avocado.
The alleluia card uses all Papertrey Ink colors: Likac Grace and Winter Wisteria, Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist. The greens are Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I really appreciate it!❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re always so sweet! Thank you so much πŸ₯°❤️πŸ₯°

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Debbie! You’re always so kind!❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

I’m so glad I could help out! It was such a fun card to create, thanks to your suggestion! Hugs to you as well! Thank you so much for always being so sweet!πŸ₯°❤️πŸ₯°

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Michele! You’re so sweet!❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia! You’re so sweet ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so kind! Thank you so much ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much ❤️πŸ₯°❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re always so sweet! Thanks for offering to send me some lids! You’re so sweet! I guess I better start looking!πŸ˜‚

Kelly Lunceford said...


You’re always so sweet! Thanks for offering to send me some lids! You’re so sweet! I guess I better start looking!πŸ˜‚

Anonymous said...

I think your bow at the top of the mason jar is perfect! Probably kind of handy your lid went missing (hope you find it). Beautiful card! I also bought the Spring Mix set and don't want to stop making panels, the process is addictive and lovely results are a breeze to achieve. Your artwork is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.