Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Papertrey Ink March Release Countdown Day 3

I can't believe it's already the 3rd day of the Papertrey Ink March release countdown! I'm sharing two cards today and up first is this floral card featuring the newest Feathered Friend! This particular bird has stolen my heart; I just think it's sweet as can be! My sweet sister sent me a digital card that featured a blue bird with a pink/blush tummy, so that was the inspiration for today's bird!


Once the bird was complete, I set it aside and used the new Berry Branch stencils to create this background panel. I added the Picket Fence that is die cut from white cardstock using foam squares to give it some dimension.

I die cut the flowers and leaves using a selection from the Into the Blooms II dies and colored them with Distress Oxide inks. I arranged them around the fence and then added the bird perched on upper flower.

The sentiment, which is from the new Inside Greetings: Quoted stamp set, is heat embossed in white onto a piece of vellum. I strategically added liquid glue to the back of the white letters and then adhered it to the flowers.

The small yellow flower in the upper left corner is a left over from my  next card. I thought it balanced out the yellow of the larger flowers and created a visual triangle.

My second card for today uses the new Posies and Sprigs stamp set paired with the new lace edge dies. This is a pair of dies that allows you to create these fun lacy corners. There are quite a few possibilities, but I just opted for a very straightforward approach.

As you can see, I'm really loving this particular sentiment; maybe it's because I feel so flawed lately! ha ha!

I added glitter and sequins, of course, to finish off this floral design!

Join me again tomorrow for the 4th and final day of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly, we have Bluebird nest boxes in our backyard and have had many a brood of babies the last few years! This little guy just stole my heart away - gorgeous!
Both cards are so beautiful!
=]

Kelly Lunceford said...

How fun! I bet that’s such a treat to watch! Thanks for your sweet comment!🥰

Andre M. said...

The stencilled background on the first card is so pretty, perfectly paired with the darling new bird! Thank you for sharing your creative cards!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much 😊

Becky Green said...

SO PRETTY, Kelly! I had to come over today to catch up! LOL LOVE those flowers & birds, & your arrangements! ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much ❤️🥰❤️

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I saw your magnificent bird card a few days ago and meant to comment! What a BEAUTY! I adore everything about it, I honestly can’t say enough. Lovely, lovely work! Happy Spring dear friend, I hope your weather finally warms up. 😊👏

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,

I have admired your work for some time. I LOVE the bird card from April. Could you share with me your 'go to' glue for the vellum with the embossed verse you used to secure it to the flower front of this card?

Thanks so much!!
Donna