Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Papertrey Ink {The Great Cover-Up}

It's my turn to help out with the Papertrey Ink The Great Cover-Up feature! These cards will also be over on the Papertrey Ink Blog, but I wanted to share them here as well.
 I've been itching to pair the new Vase Collection 7 Mini Stamp Set with the beautiful flowers from the Wreath Favor Box Sentiments Stamp Set. I love the style of the flowers and leaves and felt like they would work perfectly with this cute tin flower container. 
I also needed a baby card, so I chose to create a non-traditional design since I don't have any newer baby sets to create with.

To begin, I die cut two of the flower buckets using the Vase Collection 7 Die and then stamped one using Soft Stone and Weathervane ink and the other one using Aqua Mist ink. I have two Aqua Mist ink pads; one is from the original release back in 2008 I believe and I recently purchased a new pad and they are slightly different. I like using the two together for multi-step stamping. The handles are stamped using Fine Linen and Classic Kraft ink and the fasteners at the top are stamped in Weathervane ink.

I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves and had fun stamping them in all of my favorite spring colors! I think they look SUPER cute tucked in the flower buckets! I'm very particular about the style of flowers that I like and these definitely fit in my "LOVE" category. 

The pattern papers that I chose to use for both cards are from the Share Your HeArt: Basket of Blossoms pattern paper pack. For this card I used the adorable purple floral print with a strip of watercolor plaid paper at the bottom. The other card uses the yellow paper for the background with a strip of purple. Mixing patterns is one of my favorite things to do, but you have to be careful to find the right scale of prints to mix so your project doesn't become too heavy or messy.

Each card features the middle size of the Border Bling: Skinny Postage Frames die cut from white cardstock. For this card, I stamped the sentiment within the frame using Weathervane ink and for the baby card I heat embossed the "Oh Baby" sentiment onto a strip of vellum. I felt like the sentiment would get lost in the sea of white flowers so I chose the vellum. In hindsight, I would have embossed it on a smaller shaped piece of vellum, but hindsight is always 20/20! ha ha!

I had fun arranging the flowers and leaves for each bucket, I didn't add too many because I didn't  want the shape or details on the bucket to get lost.

Each card features a trio of sparkling clear sequins and a bit of glitter on the flowers and leaves. I mounted the pattern paper panels to a top folding A2 card base using foam squares for dimension. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

9 comments:

merryf said...

These are lovely! And they are such a great reminder that baby cards don't need specific baby-themed images. These will bring joy to any new parent!

Connie said...

Fantastic cards, Kelly!
You are just a genius at putting things together.
Love your inspiration.
Thanks and have a great day.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a kind thing to say! Thank you so much 😊

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous, cards, Kelly! Love the colors and amazing way you combine prints.

Carmela said...

Lovely cards! Your designs are gorgeous!

Mrsfish02 said...

Oh Kelly, yellow is my favorite color. Purple and yellow...heaven for sure! Love everything in this post. Some of the new sentiments are so spot on for the Easter season. Can't wait to order 😍

Wanda Cullen said...

I love your inspiration for using these patterned papers! Your cards are amazing as always and I especially love the non-traditional baby card idea!

Bazzle Balloon Decoration | Customized Balloons said...

thanks for sharing this craft flower buckets