Friday, March 25, 2022

Papertrey Ink March Release Day {Grateful to have you in my Life}

Hello and welcome! It's release day for all of the beautiful new products included in the Papertrey Ink March release! I'm always a big fan of the Into the Blooms series, so I was really excited to ink up a few more of these beauties for today's card!

I wanted to switch gears a little bit and go for something a bit dramatic! All of my spring and Easter cards so far have all been done up in pastels (which I LOVE), but it's always fun to try something different!

I die cut enough pieces to make two of each of the different styles of tulips, but in the end, I only used three which means I have three left over for another project in the future. I inked them up using finger daubers and Distress Oxide inks. The leaves are colored using Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness. The yellow tulips are colored with Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Mustard Seed (with a touch of random brown and a touch of Abandoned Coral). The pinkish-red tulips are colored with Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, and Barn Door. I also added a touch of Black Soot and Aged Mahogany.

The background is die cut using the new Cover Plate Decorative Circles adhered to an A2 black card base using liquid glue. I toyed around with the idea of adding some sort of frame to the middle, like the pierced feature frames, but in end opted against it so that more of the beautiful background could show.

I arranged the flowers and leaves how I liked using both liquid adhesive (for the stems) and foam squares for the leaves and blooms. I used Stampin' Dimensionals in black, which is perfect for the black card base.

I added some studio Katia gems and some glitter to the leaves and flowers. The sentiment, which is from the Perfect Pairs: Commodities stamp set, is placed at the base of the flowers for contrast! I had so much fun creating this! Everything from the new release will be available for purchase tonight at 10 PM ET. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Becky Green said...

STUNNING, Kelly! I LOVE that background die AND your tulips just POP with color! ;)

Cindy H. said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning and so elegant with the black background! Love it!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow stunning, the flowers are gorgeous and pop so pretty from the black background!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks a bunch 🥰

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Cindy ❤️🥰❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie 🥰❤️🥰