Monday, March 21, 2022

Papertrey Ink March Release Countdown Day 1 {Everything's Coming Up Tulips}

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the March Papertrey Ink release countdown! I've been anticipating the time when the tulips will be blooming, but in the meantime, these paper tulips will have to do! I can see the tips of the leaves poking their way through the dirt, so I know they're on their way! My first card for today uses the new Into the Blooms: Tulips dies along with the beautiful new Elegant Edges: Lace die. I've also used one of the new sentiments from the Just Sentiments: Quoted stamp set to finish it off.

The Into the Blooms: Tulips die collection includes two styles of stems, two leaf options, and three different blooms that allow you to create realistic bunches of gorgeous tulips! I die cut all of the pieces I would need for this card from white cardstock and then colored the different pieces using Distress Oxide ink.

The background was created by adding some Aqua Mist ink to the base of an A2 card near the bottom. I also added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter. The sentiment is stamped in black. I used the placement of the sentiment to determine where I would cut the lace portion. I simply used some Washi tape to secure it in place and then ran it through my die cutting machine. You have the option to allow the lace portion to float on a panel rather than cutting the scalloped border at the bottom. I chose to keep die intact to cut the edge; if you don't want that, simply cut the dies apart. I can't wait to explore even more design possibilities with this beautiful new die.

I added the same ink blending to the lacey panel and then adhered it to the card base using foam squares. The tulips are arranged using liquid glue and foam squares. I finished it off by adding some glitter and a few rainstones.

This next pair of cards uses the new Vase Collection 8 stamp/die set. I absolutely adore this weathered watering can; just perfect for the new Totally Tulips stamp/die set.

I chose to use the large cluster of tulips that is offered in the stamp set, but it also has single blooms, stems, and leaves so you can make a custom bouquet. I did add in two of the single leaves to give the clusters more depth.

Once the tulips and watering cans were stamped and ready to go, I got to work on rest of the design elements. I felt like the new Picket Fence die was begging to be the backdrop to show off these new tulip stamps! I created the ink blending on the background for both cards the same way as I did on the first card. I used foam squares to pop up the fence die cuts.

Please note: I stamped the sentiments, which are also from the Just Sentiments: Quoted stamp set, at the top and then adjusted the height of the fence die cuts to make them the right size.

I added more visual depth and interest by adding a few flowers and leaves from the Into the Blooms: II die. I love how well they work with the tulips!

That's all for today, but join me again tomorrow for A LOT more inspiration! I have so much to share with you! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

10 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, while all your cards are simply gorgeous, I can't help drooling over your lacy card! That card is so amazing!

RuthCM said...

Kelly your tulips bouquet is so springy! Love your cards!

Andre M. said...

Lovely cards, the ink blended tulips are gorgeous and I love the composition of the second card, thank you for the fab inspiration!

Sue said...

I am just drawn to the cards you create. I can always tell which ones you create by your unique style. I am just LOVING the tulip stamp and dies. The colors you used are amazing! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Sue said...

Can you tell me which oxide colors you used for the first card? Thank you.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes! The purple one uses Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, and Seedless Preserves. The light pink one uses Tattered Rose, Saltwater Taffy, and Abandoned Coral. The yellow one uses Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Fossilized Amber. The darker pink one uses Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, and Aged Mahogany. The stems and leaves use Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness.

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much 😊