Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Greetery Spring Fever Release Day {Happy Easter}

It's the best day of the month! It's release day for the Spring Fever collection at The Greetery! All of the new products will go on sale at 10 AM ET! I've made one more card using the beautiful new BotaniCuts Wildflower Mix paired with the super fun BotaniCuts Toadstool Garden. I was actually inspired by the mushrooms I was slicing during meal preparation! LOL! I thought it would be super fun to color some toadstools in Easter egg colors and then add in the flowers!


As you can see, I'm at it again with the Square Dance Stencil to create another fun springtime gingham background! I also die cut it with the Crimped Frame Die to give it some detail around the edges. 

I die cut all of the toadstools and all of the flowers out of white cardstock and then got to work coloring them with assorted Distress Oxide Ink pads. I used a combination of finger sponges and blender brushes depending on my  needs.

Once they were all colored and glued together, I got to work placing them on the gingham background using both foam squares and liquid glue. 

I couldn't resist adding some of the Terra Texture I used on my cards from the last release. I really like seeing the shock of green coming up from the grass and in the flower gardens as the grass begins growing and the bulbs start to grow! I thought it would be a fun spring-y touch!

I added some Nuvo drops to the centers of the flowers and some glitter here and there for some shine! The finishing touch is a sentiment from the new Empty Grave stamp set that is die cut using the new PreText dies! I added it to the top of the card using foam squares for some added dimension!! Thanks for fluttering by!





















 

8 comments:

Becky Green said...

A SUPER IDEA to create those mushrooms in Easter Egg Colors, Kelly! I LOVE IT! AND the Square Dance Stenciled background makes me think of lattice work, so this works PERFECTLY for your mushrooms & wildflowers!SUPERBLY DONE!!! ;)<3

Stephanie Clapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Clapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning sweet Kelly! First, I want to explain about the deleted comments above. I guess I’m not awake yet, when I left my comment I accidentally hit the Sad face icon. (What?!) Then I left a second comment with about a dozen Happy faces trying to explain. Then I said, ah what the heck, I’ll start over. Lol. What a hot mess! But on to your Beautiful card! I got a chuckle from your inspiration, it’s truly everywhere! Your magical, colorful Spring garden is the reason card making is just the best! And so are you! Being so busy this month, I hope you’re able to catch your breath! Thank you for sharing garden this morning! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’πŸ’–πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Casandra Bennett said...

Love your card (and the inspiration behind it). I purchased the wildflowers, carrots & Spring die, along with that super fun stencil. I have a buffalo check background stamp, but I have a hard time getting a crisp, clear image. Hoping the stencil will allow for easier background creations. If you have any tips (or tricks), I'd love to know. One of your fellow designers made a beautiful card with the watering can set, so I had to buy that one, as well. I love how versatile the wildflower dies will be with many other sets I already own. TFS.

Lynn S said...

Yours is always the first blog I look at for card ideas & new products because your designs are always amazing! Thank you for sharing your talent with the world. The Greetery releases are always full of beautiful & unique things.

Charlene said...

Show Stopper! Adorable! Darling! Cute! So Creative and Inspiring! Love it!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I love the combo of the mushrooms and flowers!!