Thursday, March 4, 2021

Hope Your Day is Dino-mite!

I'm sharing a couple of simple dinosaur birthday cards that I created a few weeks ago; one for a Zoom birthday party (dino themed, of course) and the other for my daughter's friend's birthday! My dinosaur stamp collection is small so I ordered the Rawr Stamp Set which is super cute! I worried that it wouldn't arrive in time for the birthday party, but with Ellen's crazy fast shipping, it arrived in the nick of time...hence super simple cards! ha ha!

I hesitated whether or not I should even post them, but I think we all need some quick and easy card ideas from time to time! I also like having a record of things that I make, kind of like a creative journal, which is what my blog really is! ha ha! To begin, I used my mini MISTI to stamp two of each of the images I planned on using.

I colored the images using an assortment of Copic markers and then used the Rawr Elle-ments dies to cut them out. I heat embossed the "Hope your day is dino-mite" sentiment in white onto black strips of cardstock; one for each card.
The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the Happy Birthday Combo and it totally helped fill the card front for this blue design. I was thrilled that I had one stamped and cut already to go!

I used on of my super old Cuttlebug Embossing Folders to give the background the scaly texture. I like using this particular one for sports cards and dinosaur cards! ha ha!

I did the same textured background on this card, but in green for a true dino feel!

This is the card that I made for my daughter's friend. She bought her a stuffed dinosaur that looks EXACTLY like the green one on the card! I'm not quite sure WHY she gave her a dinosaur, but from what I understand, the friend really wanted it! 

Of course I added some celebratory glitter to the dinosaurs and the party hats! I was really wishing I had a little bit more time to add some prehistoric foliage, but CAS was the way it needed to be! ha ha! Maybe next time, right? Thanks for fluttering by!

 

7 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love the textured backgrounds! Was reminded yesterday how impressive they can be when looking for a card in my stash to send out, came across a 'historic' moustache card where I used a similar texture on the background, has substantial impact!

blaze said...

You continue to amaze me, Kelly! You have a magic touch when it comes to color and paper and I LOVE whatever you create. These are just too darn CUTE!

JoAnn said...

Your cards are super cute and perfect for a child's birthday. Love the backgrounds and colors on each one. TFS

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan! Yes, they really do help make a simple design feel special!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much! You're so sweet!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, JoAnn!❤❤❤

Anonymous said...

These cards are precious. Can you please tell me the name of the embossing folder you’re using?