Thursday, March 25, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {Keeping It Real}

Hello friends! I've been MIA for a while and I feel like I can talk about it now! My sweet Father-In-Law passed away last week and I've needed a minute. I just didn't feel like I could post on here and pretend like everything is okay when it's not! That being said, when creating is your therapy, it's something that you come back to, no matter what! I've been wanting to play along in the Pinkfresh Studio March challenge and the month has completely slipped away! You can read all about the challenge HERE. I haven't made a "scrappy" card for quite a while, so it was fun to use supplies from the Keeping It Real Collection for today's card.

I used to use pattern paper ALL THE TIME, but not so much anymore. For today's card, I've used the Keeping It Real: l by 6 paper pack. A tip I like to use when creating with pattern paper is to use a large print in the background and then mix in medium and small prints for the smaller accents. I actually used a large and two small prints, but with the complementary colors of the two small ones, I feel like it works.

I embellished the pattern paper background using pieces from the Keeping It Real: chipboard stickers, such as the "Live, Laugh...lower your expectations" and the "I'll Make Better Mistakes Tomorrow" pieces. The flowers are from the Keeping It Real: Floral ephemra pack and I tucked them here and there to accent the other design elements. You can see I added a bit of zig-zag stitching in the upper left corner; a staple for scrappy cards in my opinion!


I did cut out the "no on has it all figured out" piece from the pattern paper because it really helped find the balance I needed for this design.

Creating this quick and simple card was exactly what  I needed! I'm "Keeping It Real" over here! ha ha! That's why I love these paper collections so much because you can create all kinds of projects quickly! I've got some paper crafting projects that I'd love to use this collection for as well! We've got the funeral coming up in a few days but I'll try to pop in as much as I can! Thanks for fluttering by!


 

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So very sorry to hear about your Father in law's passing Kelly...so hard to lose those we love and care about! Will be sending some extra prayers and hugs your way today!! Your card is wonderful and I'm glad it was therapy for you! I'm always amazed at how you put such random (to me!) papers together and make it look like they were always meant to be used together...lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Otto said...

So sorry for your loss. Yes, stamping is such great therapy. It has gotten me thru the year long quarantine. Prayers for your family. Take care.

I Card Everyone said...

I know this heartache well, Kelly - it's four years ago since my father-in-law passed, and I still have things to ask, and tell him!
So very sorry for your husband, and family. I hope they each have something that is 'heart-therapy!'
So pretty! sending hugs!
=]

Stephanie Clapper said...

My sincere condolences Kelly for you and your family. Times like these, it’s hard to find words to help, I’m so sorry for your loss. Having gone through loss myself, we miss them forever but they live on in our hearts and memories and lots of happy stories.
Your card turned out so pretty, I love all the sentiments, array of different patterns and your stitching. God’s blessings be with you and your family. I’m thinking of you dear friend! 😊🙏

Vickie R. said...

Sending prayers for you, your husband, and your kids with the loss of your father-in-law. I'm glad you were able to craft again and do something you love.