Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thanks For a Great Season, Coach!


Hello friends! This is another one of those "more for me" posts so I can document certain projects, etc! ha ha! My 3 youngest sons have been playing city ball with the recreation department and the season is winding to a close. That can only mean ONE thing; coach thank you gifts!

My husband is the coach for my 7 year old and has an assistant. My husband ALSO coaches my 11 year old and has the SAME assistant! LOL! I thought that was so funny! Anyway, my husband wanted to give the assistant a thank you gift so I got to work. I showed him the projects I made two years ago, but he said the colors were all wrong! I'll let you decide if they're "all wrong" or if they're exactly the same.LOL! You can see them HERE. He wanted the card to look like the current Utah Jazz "Dark Mode" jersey! You can take a peek at that HERE.

So, here you have it! The Utah Jazz Dark Mode Jersey inspired card! I made two because my 9 year old will be ending his season this week with a double header and we wanted to thank his coach as well!  To begin, I cut strips of white cardstock and then did a direct to paper inking to color the strips with the right colors. I simply swiped the juicy ink pad along the strips and applied the ink. Once that was done, I added them to a black panel measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches using a tape runner.
I went ahead and stamped the "thanks" onto one of the strips using the retired "Thanks, Coach" stamp set. In hindsight, I would have stamped it directly across the middle of the strip, but I had mentally planned out the layout and didn't actually try it out first! Oh well! I used the Thanks, Coach die to die cut the "coach" word twice for each card. I glued them together using liquid glue.



The "all Star" portion of the card was created using the Pennant Flag dies. I love using specialty paper to tie in the theme of the card, so in this case I used basketball texture paper. I only have one small scrap left so it looks I'll be needing to buy some more before next year! ha ha! Especially since I'll be making this same card again but in "different" colors! LOL! Am I being snarky today, or what? (hangs head in shame)

I heat embossed the "thanks for a great season" sentiment directly onto the panel using gold powder. I layered this entire panel onto a top folding A2 card base using foam squares. I added a white panel on the inside using additional sentiments. These were fun to make and I think the coaches will like them! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, I believe you captured the Utah Jazz "Dark Mode" jersey PERFECTLY! What a great looking card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cindy!💓

Becky Green said...

QUITE STRIKING, Kelly!!! LOVE the colors & really EVERYTHING about your card! AND I'm not even a sports fan of ANY sport! LOL A SUPER JOB!!! ;)<3

jan metcalf said...

I'm old school, and they are the same colors!! Since I'm not invested in the Utah Jazz, I pinned the older thank you version! (Both are great as always)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! It draws your immediate attention and I can’t think of a nicer way to thank a Coach! ( btw, I’m a big fan of 🏈!)
TGIF and Go Kelly!! 😊👏

Stephanie Clapper said...

Ok, so I have to admit this is one of those few times I didn’t read your entire post. I’m outing myself so I don’t feel too guilty. Now that our busy morning is over, I’ve gone back and read your blog post and Number 1) card makers are allowed to be snarky! Lol. Especially if the recipients are a bit choosy. I’m a member of your Snarky club myself. And Number 2) I love both of your cards. But being the sports buff and a coach (double kudos!) I’m betting your hubby liked today’s cards for the colors. In any case, I LOVE both designs‼️👍😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're so funny, Stephanie!😂😂😂 thanks for your sweet comments!❤❤❤