Friday, March 19, 2021

Ink to Paper March Release Countdown Day 4

Well friends, it's the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper March Release countdown! Today we're showcasing the latest in the Feathered Friends series! This first card features the Feathered Friends 9 die set. I love creating with the Feathered Friends dies because it is so fun to use ink and a sponge dauber to color them and bring them to life. This bird is very simple and easy to create! Those are always my favorite! ha ha!


I paired the bird with the Enchanting Roses set that was showcased yesterday. I chose to use some brighter, tropical colors to allow this bird to shine!

I also used the new Inside Greetings: Appreciation stamp set for this card. 

I chose to do another tone-on-tone background, but this time with just different design elements rather than a Cover Plate.

I added some white paint splatter here and there to add some extra detail.

Of course I couldn't resist adding some glitter and sequins to finish it off!

My second and final card for today and the release uses the Feathered Friends 9 mini stamp set and coordinating die. I stamped the bird in the exact colors as the stamping guide since I felt it was pretty accurate as to what it probably really looks like. Sometimes I like to go crazy and just do whatever, but this particular bird seemed like it is very specific! ha ha!

I added some blue watercolor to a panel of watercolor paper and set it aside to dry. I got to work on the bird and layered it twice for a more sturdy piece.

I used the Numbers dies that were released a few months ago paired with the woodgrain dies for a nature-esque feeling!

Once the wate rcolored panel was dry I stamped the "Cheers to" and "years" sentiments, which are from the new Just Sentiments: Milestones II stamp set, directly onto the panel using my mini MISTI.

Simple and easy, just perfect for a masculine card! All of the products will go on sale on the 20th at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly your first card features what could be from the birds of Instagram photos that land in my feed- who knows if they are real, or photoshopped! I just know yours is beautiful.
The second is a bird I know very well...the Pileated Woodpeckers we had at our feeders all the time! Your cards are gorgeous, and you are pretty close... https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Pileated_Woodpecker/overview
=]

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your birds are beautiful! The yellow bird reminds me so much of the Cockatoo but nevertheless, I love your colors. And the tropical feel with your Woodpecker is a fav! My husband and I call them Woody the Woodpecker because of their size. I captured a few photos of one that stopped by our feeders a couple of years ago, it was black, red and white. It is a real treat when different birds like Woody, migrate through our area in Florida. I enjoyed your post immensely! 😊💖💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....thanks so much! You're such a dear!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Sounds like you have quite a variety of birds stop by! I should get a feeder!