Monday, December 21, 2020

Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {You have my heart}

I can't believe it's the week of Christmas! I've been wrapping, baking, gift giving, and package delivering this past week, so it's nice to be back here again sharing some fun new Valentine's Day ideas for the Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! How is your Christmas prep coming? I hope you're enjoying it and soaking it all in! I sure have been!
Today's sale will include:

INK: Mint Julep, Pale Peony, Harvest Gold, Lilac Grace (don't these make the best conversation hearts?)

CARDSTOCK: Mint Julep, Lilac Grace, Pale Peony

Bitty Big Pattern Paper: Harvest Gold, Lilac Grace, Pale Peony, Mint Julep

Dies: (I'm not sure if ALL of these will be included, but click the link and you can see)

One of my favorite things about Valentine's Day is Conversation hearts! Not to eat, but for decorations and cute things you can find to buy with them printed on them, etc. I love the color combinations and the nostalgia that they bring!

To begin this first design, I used an old Papertrey Ink heart punch to punch out the hearts. I used an assortment of Bitty Big patterned paper to give it some fun variation! I stacked two together and then stitched them to the white cardstock using my sewing machine. I made certain to die cut the panel using the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangle dies first!

I used the "Be Mine" sentiment on the Banner piece using black ink. I used foam squares to assemble the banner and attach it over the top of the panel. I set that aside and got to work on the background pieces.

I die cut the Lilac Grace piece using the Border Bling: Tiny Hearts die and added it to a top folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I also added a piece of Lilac Grace Bitty Big striped paper to the center and then placed the focal panel on top using foam squares.

One of my favorite sentiments from the Just Sentiments: Valentine set is this cute "You make my heart happy" sentiment, so I stamped it on a tag and added it to the big bow tied around the card.

I added some glitter and sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine!

I used the large "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment on the inside for some added detail.

My second card is similar in feel, but for this one, I just used the "YOU" heart image in place of the stitched hearts for a simpler version. This is one you could mass produce easily, especially if you used a stamp positioning tool, like I did!

Both of these cards were a joy to create as I snuck a little time away from the Christmas prep! We've got a lazy week ahead as we sail into Christmas! I hope you enjoy these last precious moments before the holidays are over! Boo! It truly IS the most wonderful time of the year! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: