Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

One more Christmas card to share before the big day arrives! I hadn't planned on making any more holiday designs, but I was completely inspired by the violin and piano musical number that was shared at church on Sunday! I wanted to make two cards to give to the performers with a little Christmas goodie!

The Sing a Song of Christmas stamp set was the perfect choice for these two cards! I started by using the Sing a Song of Christmas dies to die cut all of the pieces that I needed for my cards. I used my Mini MISTI to get them all stamped quickly and easily!

I had a leftover frame that was die cut using the Essentials: Fancy Oval Frame die  on my desk, so I used it to frame the beautiful heat embossed sentiment.

I heat embossed the sentiment onto a panel of Spring Rain cardstock and then added some Blueberry Sky ink around the edges. I also stamped a border at the top in Blueberry Sky ink as well, using the fabulous Fair Isle Borders stamp set

Once that was done, I had fun adding in the foliage, which I had previously stamped from a different project, and the cute musical details. The foliage is from the beautiful Beautiful Berries: Winter Stamp Set and coordinating Beautiful Berries: Winter die set.

I love these beautiful, yet whimsical images, with the snowflake touches! I added some sequins here and there as well as a healthy dose of Shimmer Spray (added after the photographs).

Each focal panel is layered onto a top folding Enchanted Evening card base using ScorTape for security.

I had such a fun time putting these two cards together and hope the recipients will enjoy their tailor-made cards! I made a goal this year to use EVERY LAST bit of my Christmas creations; tags, bags, gift card holders, cards, etc. I ALMOST reached my goal, but I have two cards left and a handful of tags and gift card holders. I had so much fun packaging up sweets and treats, baskets and bags with all of my creations....it's the best time of the year!  After it was all said and done, I wanted nothing more than to get started all over again! LOL! As I mentioned earlier, I won't be doing my Keeping Christmas series this next year, but I don't think that will stop me from pulling out the Christmas sets here and there! ha ha! Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all of you! Thanks so much for all of your love and support this year and always! I have so much planned for 2021, so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Nancy G said...

Your card is gorgeous Kelly!!! Can't wait to see what you do next year. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Cindy Otto said...

Merry Christmas, Kelly. You have inspired me with your monthly Christmas ideas. My neighbors and I get together once a month and I usually design a few cards to make. After discussing with them, we have decided to do Christmas once a month! Blessings to you and your family!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful Card! Very festive and I like that you used the color blue for the main part. So Pretty!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 🥳

TLady said...

Kelly, this is BEAUTIFUL & I AM SURE the recipients will LOVE THIS!!! You reminded me of this BEAUTIFUL SET, from PTI! I put it in my cart so as NOT to forget it this time! AND I WILL MISS your Christmas Posts all year! They were SO INSPIRING! MAYBE, I'll HAVE TO do this quietly on my own each month....? LOL MERRY CHRISTMAS & THANK YOU for sharing ALL of your CREATIVITY with us!!! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Merry Christmas! How fun! I'm so glad you're doing that!💕

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....thank you so much! I sure hope you do! You're so sweet! Merry Christmas!

Stephanie Clapper said...

I truly appreciate you pulling out an older set and giving it a fresh look. Happy and fun- beautiful as always.
My sincere thanks for a wonderful year on your blog. It’s been full of beautiful, gorgeous cards and packages and most of all your generosity. Not only what you give to us as readers and students of your blog but you’ve brought love and caring to so many. Including your neighbors, those in need of encouragement and your church youngsters. Thank you So much Kelly! Wishing you the very best Holiday season and a Happy, Happy New Year! 😊💖👏❤️❤️❤️