Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Halloween Hello!

Surprise! I know I said yesterday I was sharing my last Halloween card of the year, but I just wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to these Frightening Friends, so I'm sharing a fun Halloween project! And...I couldn't let the day go by without wishing all of you a very Happy Halloween! I hope your day is ghoulishly great!

I asked my daughter how many girls there are in her last dance class before Halloween and she said seven! I knew that I could very easily whip up seven cute treats in no time at all! I'm in love with the Bags and Tags Creator and knew that it would be perfect for these quick Halloween treats! I die cut enough for 8, since that is just how paper seems to work out. 

Once they were all die cut and scored, I stamped 8 fences, 8 trees, 8 pumpkins, 3 ghosts, 3 devils, and 2 Frankenstein images. I did very simple coloring to get these done at an optimal rate, but I think with all of the fun images, you don't really notice that the coloring is less detailed. 

The jack-o-lanterns got a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some extra shine. This also gives it an extra level of interest that makes it easier to skip some of the more detailed coloring.

I die cut 8 circles and did some Distress Oxide ink blending; 4 in yellow/orange and 4 in purple/pink. The sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of black cardstock. I used quite a few foam squares for this project, but I just love the dimension it gives to the project!

I was able to get 4 pieces of candy into a small cello bag. I folded them over and tucked them inside the treat packaging. The clothespins hold everything in place without any staples, glue, or tape! yay! 

I tied a simple bow and adhered them to the clothespins using mini glue dots. Easy peasy! I think they turned out quite cute and I hope the girls enjoy them! Happy Halloween and thanks for fluttering by!


1 comment:

TeresaC said...

ADORABLE, Kelly!! So fun looking at all your projects!!