Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday Ideas {Autumn Wishes}

I'm over on the Precious Remembrance Shop Blog today sharing this colorful Autumn card! I've been so excited to use this particular sentiment with the amazing leaves from the Fall Colors stamp set for so long! The leaves are finally putting on a show here, so I decided it was time! This card should be a nice surprise for someone to find in their mailbox this week!
Thinking of mailing cards, I have found that if my crafty mojo is missing, I like going to my stash of cards and pulling some to send to friends and family. The simple act of writing in the different cards and expressing my thoughts on paper, really makes my creativity come flowing back as well. I often think of how the recipient will feel when they get their particular card in the mail. I've had so many people call, text, or tell me in person that their card came on a day when they really needed it. That, my friends, means the world to me. It makes me realize that I'm not just "making cards", I'm sending a piece of myself to them when they might need it most! I urge you to also take some time and mail out a few cards this week to someone who might need a pick me up, or just to know they've been thought of!

This particular card will be heading out this week and hopefully bring some Autumn cheer! I stamped the leaves in Fall colors, particularly the colors mentioned in the sentiment with the addition of Olive. I also wanted to bring in some additional color, so I did some ink blending using some Distress Oxide inks. I ran it through my paper crimper, because I just love the texture and interest it can add to my cards. It also brings in additional hues of the particular colors because of the shadows that it creates. Both the corrugated piece and the focal panel were both spritzed with shimmer spray for some shine.


I also did some machine stitching on the left hand side of the white panel for some added interest. The "Fall Leaves" sentiment is stamped in black and the grid image is stamped over the top using grey ink. 

I added some of the splatter images that are included in the Fall Colors stamp set using grey ink as well. The "hi there" sentiment and "autumn wishes" sentiment are both heat embossed using gold powder. This was a quick and easy card, but the corrugated piece, the embossing, and machine stitching make it feel a little bit more special. Thanks for fluttering by!


7 comments:

Jean said...

Simply gorgeous! Love this!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh this is a lovely fall card. The art of mailing cards seems to have dwindled. I enjoyed card sending to the older people at a young age and still continue. But now I am the older and receiving real mail is a treasure. This stamp set is a must have, such a fun variety. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Jane Harrah said...

Wow, love this card, the layout and everything!

Kim Heggins said...

so beautiful...this is fall on a card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!❤❤❤