Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tuesday Ideas {Merry and Bright}

 Hello and Welcome! I'm over on the Precious Remembrance Shop Blog today sharing my first Christmas card using their images! I've been waiting on pins and needles to pull them out and the day has finally arrived! The "Merry & Bright" image from the Oh Christmas stamp set was the jumping point for today's design!
I heat embossed the image using gold powder and then colored the letters using Copic markers. I love adding pink into my Christmas designs, especially when paired with the traditional red and green. I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on each letter and then added some Tinsel glitter from Martha Stewart Crafts over the top of each letter to make it look they got a dusting of snow!

I also tied a bow of red Baker's twine in the corner for some added detail and a pop of color! I also stamped the 2 sizes of pine boughs around the perimeter and added some red and pink Nuvo drops to mimic berries.

The "December 25" image is stamped in black and colored with pink and green Copic markers. I heat embossed the "Happy Mail" image slightly over the top of the black image. I also used the "Special Delivery" image from the Happy Mail stamp set and stamped it in black as well. Once that was all stamped, I added the crystal glaze and glitter to the numbers.

One of my favorite parts of this card, which I didn't even photograph, is the cute "handmade" image from the Happy Mail set. It looks like a bar code, but it says Handmade! Isn't that so cute? I love it! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Wonderful card Kelly! I love how you did the Merry & Bright lettering, that tinsel glitter is awesome!