Sunday, October 14, 2018

Papertrey Ink October Release Day 5

Welcome friends, today is the 5th and final day of the Papertrey Ink October release and I have some super fun projects to share with you! I've had such a joyous time putting all of these together and to be honest, I didn't want to stop! Thank heavens for deadlines or I'd have a house full of these cute little critters! LOL!  Betsy has outdone herself AGAIN and brought us these adorable "Potbellies". There is a penguin, reindeer, and Santa! There is also a coordinating sentiment set that will be released as well called "Potbellies Sentiments", which I will show on the next set of projects!
My mind always races with the possibilities when a new stamp set/dies are released and I decided to make these little guys into gift card holders. Both Santas are actually shaped cards doing double duty as gift card holders as well. You can see what I mean in the next photo. 
This particular Santa has switched up his traditional red suit for a stylish plaid one created with the Simply Chartreuse Bitty Big pattern paper. To start him off, I folded a regular A2 card base in half and then ran the Santa Potbellie die cut through my die cut machine. This created a shaped card base, but the top of Santa's hat is cut off so I cut a second Santa out and used this one to embellish and dress up. These little guys are so simple to assemble and work up so quickly. {obviously since I made an entire army} LOL!
Before I added the extra die cut details, I used the Big Apple Die to cut out the portion that actually holds the gift card. After that was done, I used liquid glue to add the boots, mittens, belt, buckle, hat brim, etc. I used my copic markers to color Santa's face and mouth. The die cuts also include the tiny little eyes, but the Potbellies Sentiment set also includes eyes that you can stamp. I used both the die cuts and stamps throughout my projects. I've also stitched up a little Santa sack that's filled with Christmas sweets! I fell in love with this Riley Blake fabric since it has a "postal Christmas" feel. You can see how I've used them on another PTI project HERE
I was so happy to utilize a few of the other new sets from the release on the gift card holders. The penguin card uses this month's new Corner Adorner and Santa is boasting the new Pleasing Envelopes set. Both of these will be released on the 15th and are absolute MUST HAVES! They really are great additions to any holiday stamp collection! The reindeer uses the Corner Adorner: September as well as the fabulous Penned Elegance: Christmas. I have a feeling this set will be getting a workout this year...and years to come!
Next up are some arctic pals boasting some fabulous gifts of the season! Santa Baby is bringing one lucky lady a pair of diamond earrings disguised as buttons on his handsome blue coat! You can see in these photos some of the sweet sentiments included in the Potbellies sentiments set.
Who could resist a sweet, pink polka dot penguin all gussied up with a bow? This little lady comes bearing gifts of some sweet, stitched barrettes using the Clever Barrette CoverUps. These are such a cinch to make and really do make a lovely handmade gift!
Mr. Penguin comes bearing an EOS lip balm to another lucky girl! I did, in fact, go a  little crazy every time I went to the store, searching for anything round that would work well on these sweet little potbellies! I still have a sack of items that I didn't even use, yet! 
And finally, a few sweet treat holders! I'm sharing these last since this is the obvious and intended way to use these die cuts! I can't wait for all of the holiday candy to come in stock so that I can get these all filled up with the cute seasonal candy! 
I found some awesome metal tins with clear lids that are the perfect size on Amazon and you can find them HERE. I just simply glued the Santa to the lid and it is very easy to remove the lid to access the treat inside!
When I saw this cute Coca Cola lip-smacker lip balm, I knew it would work perfectly inside the tummy of one of these cuties! I created a doe, using lighter colored cardstock and a bow from the Corner Adorner: October. 

I used the To:/From: sentiment as well as the heart that is included in the Potbellies Sentiments stamp set to create the little tag. It is tied up with True Black Baker's Twine. Each of Santa's hats and mittens have all been adorned with some Tinsel Glitter for some added shine and detail.
The reindeer's tummy is filled with M and M's using the shaker circles that will be available for purchase that work perfectly with these little Potbellies. I've put two together to create a larger area to fill with treats! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! I had SO much fun putting them together! Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have in the comments section! I realize that I have thrown a lot out there today, so I'm happy to help out! Thanks for fluttering by!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! I absolutely LOVE your army of guys carrying goodies! And the fact that you used goldfish crackers in the penguin's tummy is so stinking clever!! I LOVE it!! The lip smacker was super cute, also! What a FUN, FUN project!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name on the above comment! What great inspiration you gave with this project! Sue N

Stephanie Clapper said...

Goodness Kelly, you're one amazing lady! All of your details and all of your filler ideas are exceptional! I try had so much fun admiring your pot- bellies! Just the word makes me smile but your designs, WOW! I'm so HAPPY & GRATEFUL that you're a part of the PTI team!! Happy Sunday & take some time for yourself! :)

Cindy H. said...

OMGoodness, Kelly, you are so creative! These little guys are just amazing! They're not only cute but your ideas for what they can be used for are genius!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW ! Such a fun post. These are all adorable. I love the variety and colors you have shared. Just exciting and would be a happy treat for anyone. Thanks so much for sharing your fun talents.

Sandy Kay said...

Kelly, what fantastic ideas! Each and every one is so sweet and special!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

These are so cute. I’m not sure I understand how you got the lip balms attached while still in their plastic packaging though. Maybe your next post can explain? Thank you

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I probably should have explained that!😜 All I did was lay the potbelly over the package, marked with a sharpie where I needed to cut and removed the excess packaging. It doesn't look cute without the potbellie, but I don't think that matters! Hopefully that helped!

maggiec said...

Really cute ideas with these potbellies. Can you tell me how you glued them onto the little round tins. What glue did you use? Thank you

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I used Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue.

Vickie R. said...

I love how you used the Big Apple die to turn the Potbellies into gift card holders! So clever!

Lisa Roettger said...

These are absolutely adorable, and you've given so many great ideas on different ways to use them. I'm not clear though on how the plastic bubbles fit to the card (it would be nice to see the back of one) and how one accesses the treats inside. Did you use a card base for all or are some just single pieces of cardstock? Any chance of a step-by-step video?

AnneC said...

Love, love, love all your Potbellies!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

love all your sweet treat holders!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Betsy just put an awesome process video on Instagram today that shows how easy they are! Let me know if this helps!

Lynne S in GS said...

I'm pretty sure that you're the reason that the pot-bellies sold out! Keep on creating Kelly - SO happy to see your amazing projects for PTI and other companies that I adore.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! What a sweet thing to say!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Kim! I had a ball with them!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!😊❤😊❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I was thrilled to find that it was the perfect fit!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Sandy!😊❤😊❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awwww....thank you, Sylvia! What a sweet comment! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!❤😊❤😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much ..I really had such a fabulous time on this project!

Kelly Lunceford said...

awww...thank you so much, Stephanie! You sure know how to make a girl's day!❤❤❤ I appreciate you stopping by and your sweet comments!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're so sweet! Thank you for stopping by! ❤❤❤

Anonymous said...

Kelly- What color copic markers did you use for the santa face?

Kim said...

Hi, I absolutely love your potbellies. I was wondering what you used to make the accents like the penguin mouth, nose, reindeer ears, nose, etc. pop-up/shiny?