Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Stock your Stash {grateful for our friendship}

It's time for this month's card for the Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge! You can read all about it on the Reverse Confetti Blog! This month the theme is "Thanksgiving and Friendship" so the sky is the limit, really! I hope you get a chance to play along, and remember, there is a $20 prize up for grabs, so that is always fun! 

I love traditional Autumn colors, but I also love the beautiful reds and purples that make their appearance this time of year as well. I wanted to create some lovely florals using these colors!
No automatic alt text available.

The Pattern Blocks stamp set was the perfect choice because of the beautiful floral image, but also the fabulous sentiment! I stamped it in black and then got to work coloring it using quite an assortment of Copic markers. I love how this image comes alive when the color gets added! Once it was all colored, I matted it onto a piece of white cardstock that was die cut using the Stitched Squares Confetti Cuts
I also used the beautiful bouquet and jar from the Cotton and Thistles stamp set. It is one of my new favorites and I knew the colors would work perfectly on today's card. The jar is heat embossed in silver onto a piece of vellum. the bouquet is stamped in black and colored with Copic markers as well. I used the coordinating Cotton and Thistles Confetti Cuts

I didn't color the portions of the floral image that had what appeared to be berries. I decided to add some Nuvo drops in two purple tones for some added interest.


The sentiment is heat embossed in silver. I felt like the background could use some extra detail, so I used the Triangles Coverpanel with an embossing mat for some texture. I love being able to use these products in multiple ways! I also added some sparkling clear sequins here and there for some shine. I hope you'll join us this month and get some cards for your stash! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Jane Harrah said...

Love that velum embossing. Beautiful card and great colors!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It was a fun one to make!❤❤❤