Thursday, February 24, 2022

Papertrey Ink February Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink February release countdown! I have A LOT to share with you today using some of my favorite new products from the release! I have three projects to share with you using the new Easter Egg-stravagance stamp/ die set and another project using the sweetest new carrot dies! Most of my cards today also use the sweeet new Just Sentiments: Easter Blessings stamp set. I think this is one of my favorites in the series!

The Easter Egg-stravance stamp/die set includes a solid egg stamp and two additional floral designs that you can use to create beautiful and unique eggs. It also includes quite a few stand-alone flowers, leaves, and this little swirl I have used on both of the eggs on this card. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Just Sentiments: Easter Blessings stamp set directly onto the yellow egg using black ink.

I used the new Delicate Circle die cut as the base to assemble my egg/flower bouquet. The flowers are from my all-time favorite floral set called Effortless Beauties. Over the years I've had different "favorites", but this is my current favorite and can see it standing the test of time! I reach for it often!

I chose traditional spring colors for this card and I feel like it captures almost everything that I love about spring!

The background was created by die cutting a panel of Harvest Gold cardstock using the Border Bling: Tin Stitch Die (which is currently in stock) and then added some Summer Sunrise ink around the edges using a blender brush. I added a panel of Bitty Big: Pale Peony paper that was die cut using the Love to Layer: Torn Edges Die. I added the delicate circle over the top and built my bouquet from there. I added a generous sprinkling of glitter as well!

My second project for today uses the new Picket Fence die as well as the new Easter Egg-stravagance that I used on my previous card. I couldn't resist using it in a different way to create this basket. I have a full tutorial with pictures and directions that I posted earlier today in a separate post. I had quite a few pictures and this post is already long so you can find it HERE

When I set out to execute the idea I had in my head, I envisioned it being a little bit harder to construct that it actually turned out to be! You can whip these up in no time, especially once you've made one and know how it all goes together!

I absolutely adore this particular sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Easter Blessings stamp set. I love that so many of the sentiments fit inside these cute eggs.  I used the saying to steer the embellishments for this basket. I used a few of the single flowers and leaves from the Easter Egg-stravagance stamp set as well as my favorite flower from the Into the Blooms II dies (which are also back in stock) to decorate this basket. The little cluster of grass at the bottom of the egg is from the Weave a Basket die collection that we showcased yesterday. I have used it on almost every project for the entire release! Who knew how much I could love a little bundle of grass?!

I used Distress Oxide inks to color the blooms and leaves and added some color pencil details to the flowers.

The box measures 3 1/2 inches square along the bottom so it is a good size to fill with all kinds of Easter treats. You could also fit a potted plant or flowers. Wouldn't these be cute for May Day?  My mind is reeling with all of the possibilities! You could also add a handle if you wanted to make it look more like a basket.

I decided to show you my carrot card next to break up all of the Easter Egg-stravagance projects! ha ha! After making another card using the carrot dies, I threw it away and went for something CAS. I don't often do CAS but I really like how this turned out. I do have to admit that I will be tweaking this design just a tad. I'll let you know tomorrow which addition it will be getting as we showcase another one of my new favorites!

The Carrot dies have three different sizes and three different pattern overlays you can use. I die cut the bases of each of the carrots from Summer Sunrise cardstock and the detail pieces are cut from Orange Zest cardstock. I added ink around the edges of both the base carrots and the detail pieces using Canyon Clay ink.

There are two different carrot tops that you can use, but I decided to be crazy and use both for each carrot. These are colored using Distress Oxide ink. I also used the same ink to blend onto a panel of watercolor paper and then spritzed some water on it and allowed it to dry.

I stamped yet another sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Easter Blessings stamp set in black ink. The entire panel is adhered to a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares.

My final card for today uses the Picket Fence die and the Easter Egg-stravagance stamp set. The He is Risen sentiment is included in the Egg set. I love the beautiful calligraphy!

I die cut a solid egg from Aqua Mist cardstock and then made a custom egg using the single leaves and flowers included in the set. I really like that the sentiment has a coordinating die so you can use it in many different ways.

As you can see, I used the cluster of grass again because I love it so much!

This concludes day 2 of the countdown! Join me again tomorrow for some super adorable new products! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

5 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

That carrot card especially has my heart. So many beautiful ideas swimming in my creative brain. :)

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! AND I mean, EVERYTHING! I ADORE your little basket! SO SWEET & INSPIRATIONAL for us!!! THANKS KELLY!!! ;)<3

Colleen said...

Love these all, I am really liking the Christian sentiments used on the cards as well

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊