Saturday, February 26, 2022

Papertrey Ink February Release Countdown Day 4

It's the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink February release countdown! We're showcasing the new Feathered Friends 20 die today and this cute Rooster works so well with so many of the previously featured items from this release! To begin, I die cut all of the pieces and colored them using Distress Oxide inks. This particular bird is so easy to assemble; the red portions fit perfectly on top of the head feathers and then the blue wing fits right on top of the lower wing. There are die cut indentations to sh0w you exactly where everything lines up.,

I used a combination of liquid glue and foam squares to put Mr. Rooster together, depending on where I wanted a little bit of dimension to make the bird look more realistic. Between the shading and the foam squares, I think he came out pretty nice!
I set him aside to dry and then got to work on the rest of the card.

I die cut the frame from the Antique Wishes Die collection and then stamped the solid image using the Antique Wishes stamp set using Fresh Snow ink. I stamped the detail image using Dark Chocolate ink for a vintage, shabby look. I heat embossed the "farm fresh" sentiment, which is from the Farm Fresh Trees stamp set, using white detail embossing powder onto a panel of True Black cardstock. I layered it underneath the frame.

I used the Picket Fence and Grassy Edge die from white cardstock to use over the frame. I placed the rooster over the top using foam squares. I layered the entire frame piece onto a panel of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper using foam squares. This panel is added to a top folding A2 card base using liquid glue.

My farm scene just wouldn't be complete without a few flowers so I die cut them using the Into the Blooms Die and the leaves are from the Into the Blooms II die collection. I colored them using Distress Oxide inks and glued them together with both liquid glue and foam squares.

I tucked them in the left corner to frame the Rooster scene. I couldn't resist adding a little speckled egg from the Elegant Eggs die collection. I realize that the Rooster wouldn't have an egg lying around, but it gives it that farm feeling that I was going for! This concludes day 4 of the countdown and tomorrow at 10 PM ET, all of the new products will be available for purchase! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! I LOVE ALL of the COLOR & DIMENSION you gave him! I LOOOVE ROOSTERS! HE'S GORGEOUS!!!! My favorite rooster here was SUPER COLORFUL, & he recently passed, old age. He was GORGEOUS & had SUCH PERSONALITY! I LOVE ROOSTERS & CHICKS, & it looks like, THE WHOLE RELEASE PTI has offered us! LOL WONDERFUL WORK!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic job on the chicken and I just love your flowers with it too!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I’m so sorry to hear about your beautiful rooster!😭

Vikki H said...

My favorite chicken of the release! Great colors and so many detailed layers.

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much!🥰