Thursday, February 3, 2022

Heartfelt Sympathy

****this post was written prior to the recent PTI release that included a BUNCH of Sympathy cards 🤣***My sympathy stash has dwindled to a few non-mailable cards that I'll save for times when I deliver a basket or a dinner, or something. I needed one desperately, so I sat down and created this CAS card; just what I was hoping for. I dug around in my "new product" basket that I mentioned in a previous post to find these beautiful crocus dies that were part of the Simon Says Stamp "Stamptember" event. I die cut then from white cardstock and then colored them using finger daubers and Distres Oxide ink.


I used foam squares and liquid glue to adhere them together. I've found that foam squares don't like to stick to die cuts that are colored with this particular ink, so I've found that adding a dot of liquid glue to the foam square fixes that problem.

I used the embossing folder that was included with my Gemini Jr. when I received it for Christmas in 2020. It still shows that it is included with the purchase of the machine. This is the first time I have used it and I absolutely LOVE it! I cut a panel of Soft Stone cardstock measuring 3 3/4 by 5 inches and ran it through my machine in the folder.

The sentiment, which is one of my favorites, is from the Feathered Friends 4 mini stamp set and is heat embossed in gold onto a strip of vellum. I added the crocuses to the embossed panel using foam squares and then wrapped the vellum strip around the panel and secured it with adhesive on the back.

Once that was done, I added it to a top folding A2 Soft Stone card base using liquid glue. I resisted and didn't add glitter or sequins because it felt too flashy or something on this sympathy design. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

21 comments:

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

This card is exquisite, Kelly! For any occasion!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love that embossed background, and the flowers are so pretty.

Marcia Hill said...

STUNNING simplicity and SO BEAUTIFUL Kelly...love, love, LOVE this card!! :0)

RuthCM said...

I love your card, Kelly. Very tastefully done.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is lovely, such pretty inking of the flowers and love that deep embossed background with them!

Connie said...

A fantastic card, Kelly!This is exactly what I needed a week ago.
I have never made a sympathy card before but am needing them more often.
Great inspiration to help me get going on this.
Thanks

Becky Green said...

This is LOVELY, Kelly! LOVE how that embossing folder worked on your textured paper! I'll be making a Sympathy Card today myself. A BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! ;)

Helen said...

Such a beautiful card, I love everything about it! Do you happen to know the name of the embossing folder please?

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, JoAnn!❤️🥰❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re the sweetest! Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

I’m so sorry you needed a sympathy card!😢 thank you for your sweet comment! 🥰❤️🥰

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I’m sorry you need to make a sympathy card!😢

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much! I only know that it came with my Gemini Jr. I don’t know if it has a name, but I will look at it closer tomorrow.I’m sorry I’m not more help!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful! ☺☺☺ Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!🥰

Stephanie Clapper said...

Absolutely stunning! It’s a beauty!!💜

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

I used it again today and it’s called Regency Swirls

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! What is a “CAS” card?