Thursday, February 10, 2022

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Let's Celebrate You}

Hello and welcome! I’m here today to share my card for the Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I tried really hard to pick colors that I don't normally use to give you some fresh cardstock and ink choices on the sale! I think I mentioned in a previous post that I needed to do some re-inking of my inkpads. I sat down last week and got that done, but it made me realize how many colors of ink I don't use very often.
It was easy to bring in a lot of color for this card since I chose to use the beautiful Framed in Florals Stamp Set. To begin, I die cut two of each of the floral bunches using the Framed in Florals Die and then stamped them using Versamark ink. I heat embossed the images using white detail embossing powder and let them cool.

I used mini blender brushes to add all of the different colors of ink: Ripe Avocado, Olive Twist, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Saffron Spice, and Autumn Rose. I love the emboss/resist technique and I love how it turned out on these floral bunches.
Next, I cut a 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel of Royal Velvet cardstock and added the polka-dots using Royal Velvet ink and the Stencil Basics: Dots stencil collection. I rounded the corners using a corner rounder punch for a soft edge.

I used the On the Border: Floral Bliss Die to die cut the Plum Pudding border piece at the top. I glued it near the top and then layered the floral bunches using foam squares.

I used the Mash-Up Birthday die to die cut the sentiment portion and then used my mini MISTI to stamp the sentiments; the YOU using Autumn Rose ink and the "let's celebrate" portion in black.

I also die cut a banner using the Banner Builder Basics from Autumn Rose cardstock and nested it between the two floral bunches. I added the sentiment over the top using foam squares. I added some glitter and sequins to finish it off and then added it to a top folding A2 Royal Velvet card base. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: