Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Papertrey Ink February Release Countdown Day 1

I love all things Easter and spring so I absolutely LOVE this new release from Papertrey Ink and I know all of you will too! My first card for today uses the super adorable new die collection called Weave a Basket. This cute ensemble includes a solid egg die, two detail egg dies, the cutest bundle of grass, a bow, the main basket die, and the strips to weave through the basket base to create the realistic basket look.

I also used the new Grassy edge die that will be perfect all spring and summer long! The sentiment is from the new Spring Greetings stamp set. There's quite a few sentiments for both Easter and spring cards!

Growing up, my Easter basket was woven with different pastel colors that I absolutely LOVED! I was tempted to recreate that look for today's card, but chose a nice brown basket instead. I die cut it from Kraft cardstock, did all of the weaving, and then added some Cocoa Bean ink around the edges and over the top of the woven portion.

I had so much fun decorating all of my paper eggs to put in the basket and sprinkle across the grass. Dyeing Easter eggs is one of my favorite traditions, even though I'm super high-strung when my kids are splashing spoons in the dye and not being as careful as I would like! LOL! 

I absolutely LOVE the cute bow; I cut it from Sweet Blush Bitty Big paper and then added some Berry Sorbet ink around the edges for some contrast.

My second card for today uses the new Vase Collection 7 stamp/die set. I think it's my favorite so far! I think this one will be used all spring and summer long!

This card also features the new Delicate Circles die that I know will be used often. I'll be using it again on a card I'm sharing tomorrow as well. I chose to use it cut in half (not quite half) for today's card to show some different options, but it is perfect for center focal points as well.

The heat embossed/watercolored flowers are from the new Thankful Florals. It's such a sweet cluster of flowers, but also includes single blooms, leaves, and stems.

The "you make my heart smile" sentiment is also from the new Thankful Florals set.

Thanks for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow for day 2 of the release! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

So love the basket and pretty bow on the first and the second is such a lovely lacey design and love the colors!

APKfun said...

so cute design! this card is absolutely perfect as a birthday gift.
Hope to see more designs from you here!
Have you had any thought of developing one app of guiding to make those?
we apkfun.com are one platform for various apps.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!🥰