Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale Happy Valentine's Day

Happy  Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend...I know many of you who are either freezing or buried in snow, and some are probably experiencing BOTH!! Hugs to you all and stay warm! I didn't get any creative time, so I'm happy to be here today with this week's project for my Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I had so much fun using bits and pieces from a few different stamp sets to bring this card to life! 
To begin, I die cut the largest and medium tags using the Charming Tags 1 die; one from Pure Poppy cardstock and one using Vintage Cream cardstock. I stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment onto the cream one using True Black ink. 
Next, I die cut the numbers out of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper using the Numbers Die. I also die cut one set out of cream cardstock to glue them together to make them more sturdy.  Then I used the XO Heart Frames Die to cut two of the largest heart circle frames. I used Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink and finger daubers to bring them to life. 

I glued them together using liquid glue and then added some additional ink splatter using Rustic Wilderness ink and a paint brush. I just love the extra detail and dimension it gives the frame. 
Next I stamped a 3 3/4 by 5 inch panel of Vintage Cream cardstock with Pure Poppy ink using the Nifty Plaid background stamp. I love the added vintage charm it gives the card. This is one of those designs that just put itself together and I was just the hands doing it! ha ha!

Once I had all of those design elements ready, I felt like it needed a few added touches like the hearts and the flowers so I die cut them and stamped them using Pure Poppy for the hearts, Pale Peony and Pure Poppy for the flowers, and New Leaf for the leaves. I layered everything up on the Nifty Plaid background using foam squares. I also added the little tab in the bottom left corner that says "be mine". I used to add little tabs like this to the majority of my cards back in the mid-2000s and I miss it! 

I cut a piece of Bitty Big: Pale Peony cardstock and added it to a top folding A2 cardbase with a strip of the same paper I used for the die cut numbers across the middle. I then added the entire focal panel to that using  foam squares for dimension.
I had a few leaves and a flower left over so I added it to the top of this cute sentiment that is from the Inside Greetings: Valentine Mini stamp set to finish off this card! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I was JUST finishing up my Valentine's today! This is SO LOVELY! I LOVE the layers! AND your inside sentiment! SOOO SWEET & A SUPER JOB!!! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Sounds like you have been having fun!❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much!🥰