Saturday, January 30, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {You Are More Amazing Than You Know}

I shared a sneak peek of this stenciled panel on my IG Stories the other day and now I'm here today sharing how I turned that panel into this card! When I'm struggling to find a color combination to work with, I always like to head for complimentary colors, like I did here with the blue and orange! My husband is a HUGE Denver Broncos fan, so there's always a lot of blue and orange going on over here! ha ha! You can also try using lighter shades of each of the complimentary colors to give your project a softer look, like I did on this card.

As I mentioned earlier, I started this card off by using the Seamless Floral Pattern Layered Stencils onto a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock. I eventually trimmed the panel, but the stencils come with guide marks to be used with those dimensions, so that's what I started off with! I used Apricot, Slumber, Clementine, Fresh Pear, and Key Lime ink for the panel. I trimmed it down on the sides; just enough to not cut off the leaves and then to 5 1/4 inches tall.

Those dimensions allowed me to add the white Lacey Edgers to either side using foam squares for dimension. I used one of the sets of holes to use as my guide to get them lined up straight on each side. I die cut the "Hello" word, using the Essentials: Classic Words die set, out of gold specialty paper and once again using white cardstock. I glued them together using a fine tip 2 way glue pen.

I didn't want to cover up the stenciled panel too much, so I opted for a circle frame and a few other flowers for added detail and dimension. I die cut the circle frame using the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Circles and then added it to the panel using small foam squares. The extra flowers around the circle were die cut using the Charming Floral Wreath die set and then stamped using the Charming Floral Wreath stamp set. I find that with this set in particular, it is much easier to do the die cutting and THEN the stamping using the negative space as a guide to line up your images!

I added the "YOU ARE MORE AMAZING THAN YOU KNOW" sentiment, which is also from the Charming Floral Wreath stamp set, to the bottom of the circle. I always love adding some Essentials: Jewels to my projects and for this card I chose the deepest blue and light yellow! I added them to the centers of a few of the flowers using liquid glue. The entire panel was added to a top folding A2 card base using foam squares. This would be a perfect thank you card, even though it doesn't come right out and say that, or just a "hello" card to an amazing friend! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

13 comments:

Birgit said...

This card is stunning! First, I love the blue and orange combination of colors and the lace edges give it such a timeless look. So feminine and lovely. Swoon!

AnneC said...

Beautiful absolutely beautiful!

Becky Green said...

I noticed the soft tones on your florals right away, Kelly! HOW BEAUTIFUL! AND you ALWAYS KNOW WHAT to add to them! LOVE EVERY DETAIL you've added! SOOO Feminine!!! AN AMAZING CARD!!! P.S. I made NOTE of this floral stencil for future purchase! ;)<3

Conniecrafter said...

pretty stenciled background and I love the circle and flowers you used with it!

Stephanie Clapper said...

What a beautiful card! I really have to check out the stencil, Kelly you’ve created so many gorgeous cards with it. And btw, I’m a Big Orange and Blue fan too, because I’ve been a FLORIDA Gator all my life. My Pro team is headed to the Super Bowl this year. I’m superstitious so I won’t mention who- being a Floridian. ( I’m such a stinker!) ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜Š

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Birgit! You're so sweet! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're seriously SO sweet! Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

How fun! That will be exciting! Thank you for ALL of your sweet comments!❤❤❤

blaze said...

KELLY!!! After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I started studying every single beautiful detail that you added to this stunning card. And I must say, you have really opened my eyes to new color combos...I am usually not a blue (or orange) kind of gal, but this just works! Your very inspired "Frozen" card from last winter was the inspiration for a card for a friend who just turned 80. Yours was a lilac/light purple color and while I usually am turned off by purple, this was so stunning that I just had to CASE it. My friend could not stop gushing about how beautiful her birthday card was, and I owe it all to you, my talented friend!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh wow! Thank you so much! You're really sweet! I'm so glad your friend LOVED her card! That's the best feeling!❤❤❤thanks for stopping by!

Ida said...

This is so gorgeous.