Friday, January 8, 2021

Reverse Confetti January Release Blog Hop


Hello and welcome, friends! I'm super excited to be participating in the Reverse Confetti January release Blog Hop! There are so many darling stamp sets and awesome new Confetti Cuts! For my first card, I used a mashup of old and new products to create this sweet Valentine's Day design! It's been a while since I've created any cards with critters, so this was a fun change of pace!

To begin this card, I stamped the cute little puppy from the Love is in the Air stamp set directly onto a strip of white cardstock using black ink. I colored the puppy using an assortment of Copic markers. I die cut the L,V, and E  twice each from the Big Love Confetti Cuts using Kraft cardstock. I glued them together and then added some darker brown ink to the top to create some interest. I added these around the puppy image using strips of adhesive foam to give them some dimension. I also stamped the "love is in the air" sentiment at the bottom of the panel using black ink.

I set the panel aside and got to work on the other design elements that I've used on the card. The background is die cut from red cardstock using the Circle of Hearts Cover Panel. I added it over the top of a top folding A2 card base using foam squares for dimension. I love the shadows that it creates to enhance the cute heart detail!

The XOXOX tag is created by die cutting the tag that is included in the new Pencil Treat Holder Confetti Cuts. I die cut it twice and glued it together using liquid glue to create a sturdy piece. The sentiment is from the new Words of Love stamp set and I also used it for the heat embossed sentiment under the puppy panel.

I added some red and white Baker's Twine to the tag for some added detail and interest. I added a Stitched Note and Frames Confetti Cuts to the background panel using additional foam squares. Once that was done, I was ready to put the rest of the design elements onto the card. I added some Crystal Glaze over the top of the puppy's heart and a pinch of crystal glitter. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this Valentine's Day design!

My second card for today's hop uses the gorgeous new Farmhouse Wreath stamp set paired with some of my older favorites! I used the main panel from the Pencil Treat Holder Confetti Cuts as a decorative panel in the background. 
To begin, I stamped the wreath and extra flowers using black ink and then colored them with an assortment of alcohol markers. I used the coordinating Farmhouse Wreath Confetti Cuts to die cut the images. My mom and sister gave me a Gemini Jr. for Christmas which has made die cutting so much easier! I am loving it! Thank you!

I die cut the background using the Stitched Scallops Cover Panel and then layered the Darling Dots Pattern Paper over the top. As I mentioned before, I used the Pencil Treat Holder Confetti Cuts to cut the Aqua panel and added it to the card front. I stamped "hugs and kisses", which is from the So Very Lovely stamp set, using black ink.

The piece that the wreath is attached to is die cut using the Rounded Stitched Window Confetti Cuts. I added the wreath and additional flowers using foam squares. 

The sentiment, which is from the Words of Love stamp set, is heat embossed in silver onto a vellum strip. I wrapped it around the card front and secured it with scotch tape. Some glitter and sequins finish off this floral card!

My third and final project for today uses the new Pencil Treat Holder Confetti Cuts. I bought some Ghirardelli squares that came in a two pack, so they are a little bit bigger than usual, so I tweaked the treat holder to make it work! I'll show you in the photo below!
You can see the double size chocolate package in this photo. For each treat, I die cut the treat holder twice and then cut the bottom portion off. I scored the cut edge at 1/4 inches on each one. I folded it and then secured two of them together using ScorTape. You can see a finished one on the right. I put two glue dots on the back of the chocolate packages and secured them on the inside of the treat holder.
If you look closely on this photo, you can see the XOXO sentiment stamped in red for a tone on tone look on the background. Once that was done, I had fun creating the tags. I die cut the Fold Over Window Tag Confetti Cuts, two from Kraft and one from Red. I made three treat holders in total, so I needed this combination of colors.
I stamped the "happy valentine's day" sentiment at the bottom using the So Very Lovely stamp set. Each tag has a piece of the darling Sweet as Sugar paper under the circle. 
The tags are secured shut using foam squares and then I added another sentiment strip over the top of the circles.

As you can see, I also added a coordinating pencil inside each of the treats. I bought some at the Dollar Tree and plan on making some with JUST pencils for my kiddos to take to school (that is, IF they are doing an exchange this year).

The projects were such fun to make! Don't forget to head to the other designers' blogs to see their darling creations! Thanks for fluttering by!





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh kelly, I love everything. Your attention to detail is over the top fabulous.

Stephanie Clapper said...

( good gosh- the robo has hit again! It must frustrate you- I know I’ve probably blocked at least a hundred on my phone).
Anyway, your Valentine’s post is full of beautiful projects and inspiration. Lovely packaging for sweet surprises! ❤️❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes they have!😱😱😱 thank you so much for your sweet comment!❤❤❤