Sunday, January 10, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {this is totally worth celebrating}

It's a new year and I'm freshening up my birthday card stash with some pretty floral designs! Every year I tell myself that I'll be better about sending birthday cards, but I'm hoping THIS is THE year! ha ha! I think I did pretty good last year as well! Today's card uses the fabulous Daisy Wreath die and Daisy Wreath Layered Stencil set. I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it, but haven't had a chance to use it, until now! It's so much fun and I can already tell I'll be reaching it for it time and time again!
I paired it with some of my other new favorites like the Essentials: Stitched Scalloped Rectangles and the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Plaid background

I left the plaid background white but added some Soft Lilac ink around the edges of the scalloped frame. The Daisy Wreath is stenciled using these inks: Fresh Pear and Olive for the greenery. Soft Lilac and Regal Kiss for the flowers and Marigold for the flower centers. The bow is inked up with a Slumber base (I thought I would be using it with this color) but then decided on Regal Kiss, so that is blended over the top for a stunning look! I added a lot of crystal glitter to the bow for a beautiful vintage look! I'm afraid you might be seeing  A LOT more glittery bows! ha ha!
I added a bit more dimension and detail to the flowers by adding some shading using color pencils. 

I die cut the "celebrate" word using the Thin Words Everyday Script dies and some silver glitter cardstock. I also die cut it from white cardstock as well and glued the two together for a more sturdy piece. The "this is totally worth celebrating" is from the Celebrate Today stamp set and is stamped in black onto a strip of Weathervane cardstock.  Of course I couldn't resist adding some glitter to the flowers and a few Jewels. The thing that is great about this particular card is that it could be used for WAY more than just a birthday. You could keep a couple on hand for weddings, congratulations, graduation, etc! 
Thanks for fluttering by!

 

10 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Kelly!!! LOVE the glitter & look forward to MORE of those! LOVE that plaid background too! I think that might be in my next order! LOL A SUPER JOB!!!! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky! You're so sweet! The plaid is awesome!❤😍

Connie said...

Absolutely lovely, Kelly!
Wonderful color choices and love the touch of the glitter.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! I appreciate you stopping by and for your sweet comment!❤

Susie said...

The color palette of this card design caught my eye right away. The older I become the more I like purple/violet *laughing* Beautiful card, Kelly!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow, what a beauty! You started your birthday stash with a beautiful bang‼️ Your layouts always amaze me! ( and colors!) 💖💖💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much! You're so sweet!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....thank you so much, Susie! You're so sweet! Big hugs to you!❤❤❤

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous cards! I enjoyed seeing every single one. Just stunning!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!