Monday, January 25, 2021

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Balloon Wishes}

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was busy, but it snowed, so I'm super excited! I'm hoping that this week will be a little bit more relaxed so I can snuggle in and enjoy the snow with a fire and a good show or read a good book! I'm in desperate need of  little "down time"! This week's Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink Flash sale features some bright, fun colors and the Balloon Wishes stamp set. The sale begins when the Papertrey Ink Newsletter is sent out, which is usually sometime this afternoon and the sale will run until Wednesday! This week's sale will include:

 INK: Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist

CARDSTOCK: Pure Poppy, Kraft (not 100 percent sure about this, since it's a basic)


These cards were so quick and easy to put together, but I love how they turned out! To begin, I die cut the Border Bling: Lots of Dots from Kraft cardstock and mounted the red cardstock that has been stamped with the balloon strings included in the Balloon Wishes stamp set. There are coordinating dies, but I just wanted a simple, stamped string for easy and to keep the background uncluttered since I used the "Celebrate" word.

I die cut 6 balloons in total; three heart shape and three of the regular balloon shape. I also die cut 6 bows for each of the six balloons. I used the coordinating stamp to stamp the 6 bows in the three colors I used for the balloons; Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, and Tropical Teal.

There are striped images in the stamp set so you can create striped balloons, but I chose to do some simple ink blending around the perimeter of each balloon, leaving the center light to give them that realistic balloon shine!

Once the balloons were all inked up, I added the coordinating bow using a dot of liquid glue to secure them in place. I set them aside to dry and got to work on the sentiments.

I die cut the "Celebrate" word using a titanium glitter paper and then adhered them to the red panel using strategically placed liquid glue, making sure to leave it off of the parts that aren't actually touching the red panel.

For this card, I used two regular balloon shapes and one heart shaped balloon in the center. I added double thick foam squares to the heart shaped one to make it pop up higher than the two balloons in the background!

I added a trio of sequins to the balloons. I thought about using glitter, but I didn't want it to compete with the glitter from the sentiment.

For this card, I placed the two heart balloons in front of the red balloon so you could see their cute shape. These were so quick and easy to put together, but I really like how they turned out! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

What a fabulous birthday card. S- plural. Lol. Great design adding heart and oval shaped balloons- they’re happy, colorful and fun! 🎈💗🎈

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, sweet Stephanie! You're so sweet!❤❤❤